GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vexx - Not looking up to its expectations"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Vexx'.
Mon 25/11/02 at 21:47
Regular
I just downloaded two videos of Vexx, a game which i thought was going to add to the list of games and thinking it could replace rare with its same style of looks. But after nearly 10Mb of videos instantly i saw it and only negative things could come to my head.

It looks very liner
It looks glitchly
Also it looks nothing like i thought it was going to be like.

Now, Hoping that this game. But i think its too late now. Its a let down, But maybe the gameplay is great. But from what i see. Its going down there with games like Universal Studios.
Mon 25/11/02 at 21:47
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I just downloaded two videos of Vexx, a game which i thought was going to add to the list of games and thinking it could replace rare with its same style of looks. But after nearly 10Mb of videos instantly i saw it and only negative things could come to my head.

It looks very liner
It looks glitchly
Also it looks nothing like i thought it was going to be like.

Now, Hoping that this game. But i think its too late now. Its a let down, But maybe the gameplay is great. But from what i see. Its going down there with games like Universal Studios.
Mon 25/11/02 at 21:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
This LOOKed like a cool game. Haven't seen much about it really. I'll have to peruse some more info on it......
Mon 25/11/02 at 21:53
Regular
Surely it can't go down as far as Universal Studios, you haven't even played it yet mate, most games are very linear (e.g. Halo and Half Life even Mario)...

Anyway, here's hoping it's good :D
Mon 25/11/02 at 21:54
Regular
awww I was looking forward to this, hopefully it will improve.
Mon 25/11/02 at 21:56
Regular
auf deutsch wrote:
> Surely it can't go down as far as Universal Studios, you haven't even
> played it yet mate, most games are very linear (e.g. Halo and Half
> Life even Mario)...
>
> Anyway, here's hoping it's good :D

I Understand what u mean but, would resident evil be scary good with 2D Zombies?
Mon 25/11/02 at 22:49
Regular
"Remember me?"
I'm on the lookout for another 'Cube platform game (I already own Mario Sunshine), and after reading the Gamespot reviews of Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (32%) and Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex (51%), I was hoping that Vexx will be the brilliant game that Acclaim are promising. To be fair, it does look rather good... but if what Evil Dark says is true, I could have a long, long wait for another decent platformer. Here's hoping for a Ratchet & Clank port then, eh? :)
Mon 25/11/02 at 22:55
Regular
I downloaded a video a while ago that demonstrated the Day night cycle type thing. The graphucs looked sweeeeeeet.
Tue 26/11/02 at 07:09
Regular
Yup. I kinda hope i'm right, Well videos are in Http://cube.ign.com if anywant wants to see for them selves.
Tue 26/11/02 at 08:48
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Well, I have a saying. If it doesn't look appealing or have potential within the first 15 seconds of a video clip, it isn't worth buying. Because for me, it only takes a few moments to realise if a game is any good, average, classic or one of those "oh know, it has that type of look to it. You know the one. That third party title look".

Which is the case with Vexx.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.