GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Electronic Entertainment Expo-E3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/11/02 at 00:22
Regular
Can Someone Tell me What its like at E3? never been there, always Dreamed. It would be a mass destruction of Ultimate gamers. I remember this movie on disney where this little kid took on 2 teens in Super mario(original nintendo) i Wish they still had that.... think we can convince em? >:)
Tue 26/11/02 at 00:22
Regular
"NiNtEnDo Fo LyF FoO"
Can Someone Tell me What its like at E3? never been there, always Dreamed. It would be a mass destruction of Ultimate gamers. I remember this movie on disney where this little kid took on 2 teens in Super mario(original nintendo) i Wish they still had that.... think we can convince em? >:)
Tue 26/11/02 at 01:23
"Stupid Newbie :D"
I plan to go this year coming, funds allowing. ;)
Problem with E3 is that in order to be allowed a ticket (entry is free btw - just not if you want to give a talk or host a display) you have to be a member of the "entertainment industry", by that they mean the gaming industry althouh they're not exactly known for their strict standards. ;)

Find someone you know who has something to do with the media, gaming sales, games production etc. and whinge at them to go to LA with you, and they can get you in. ;)

I only actually realised I qualify to go last year - I'm starting up an online gaming company with some friends, and we're developing our own titles to be hosted on it, which means we're actually allowed entry; much to my delight. ;)
Tue 26/11/02 at 01:24
Also, is the movie you're referring to "The Wizard"?

Wosshisface from the wonder years, playing Super mario Bros. 3 in a contest?
Tue 26/11/02 at 01:33
Regular
"NiNtEnDo Fo LyF FoO"
Pointless Babble wrote:
> Also, is the movie you're referring to "The Wizard"?
>
> Wosshisface from the wonder years, playing Super mario Bros. 3 in a
> contest?

YEAHHH!!!!! THAT ONE! it was awsome..
Think i can join your Gaming Industry? ;-D
Tue 26/11/02 at 09:11
That was the first time anyone had seen SMB3 - the game hadn't even been released yet, but was given a sneak preview in the film, massive advertising ploy. I actually mentioned it in the extremely long history of Nintendo thread I posted on these forums many moons ago.

They did a similar thing in the film "Hackers", with what looked like a souped up version of Wipeout 2097 (Wipeout XL for our colonial friends), although it did appear to have been more than slightly modified. Dunno, I might have to rent the film again now, in hindsight it could quite easily have been a *very* early glimpse of Wipeout 3.

As for your request... errrrr, no. :P
Tue 26/11/02 at 12:04
"slightlyshortertagl"
Do you have to be a member of the 'entertainment industry' ? I was thinking about going in the near future as a representative of my school magazine, I'd write an article for the mag.. surely I would then be allowed in since i am representing a magazine.. or am I BSing myself?
Tue 26/11/02 at 20:40
Regular
"NiNtEnDo Fo LyF FoO"
I think you have to be in the gaming industry, you cant really gain acess if you have no Business there...

Ahh well... Dreams COULD come true......maybe...
Tue 26/11/02 at 20:51
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Ahh E3, if only...

*day dreams*
Wed 27/11/02 at 00:36
Regular
"NiNtEnDo Fo LyF FoO"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Ahh E3, if only...
>
> *day dreams*

Yeah i know the feeling..
Wed 27/11/02 at 03:13
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> Do you have to be a member of the 'entertainment industry' ? I was
> thinking about going in the near future as a representative of my
> school magazine, I'd write an article for the mag.. surely I would
> then be allowed in since i am representing a magazine.. or am I BSing
> myself?

You *might* be able to blag your way in, you'd have to contact their ticket office and see if they'd be willing to let you, although there are countless gaming magazines that go there each year so you'll probably be allowed; just make sure you describe your "school magazine" as something a bit fancier. ;)

Then all you have to do is cover the cost of transport and accomodation, to be at the Los Angeles convention centre for a weekend.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.