GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problems running "The Thing""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Thing'.
Tue 26/11/02 at 07:33
Regular
All installed Ok and Direct X is up to date but The Thing refuses to run, either from the shortcut/ start menu/ cd.

The cursor goes busy for about 5 seconds then nothing happens.

When I press CTRL ALT DEL, there is a program running callled CBD448 follow by about 25 other digits, this must be the game but nothing appears on screen and the PC does not lock, this program is just running in the background.

It is an official copy before anyone asks.

Anyone else had problems like this ?
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:37
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Cheers Goatboy, must admit I was lazy and didn't check official site etc for patches.
Tue 26/11/02 at 10:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
http://www.avault.com/pcrl (SPACE) /patches_temp.asp?patch=thething

---

There have been some issues with CD recognition,the link above is for the patches available.
Enjoy
Tue 26/11/02 at 07:33
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
All installed Ok and Direct X is up to date but The Thing refuses to run, either from the shortcut/ start menu/ cd.

The cursor goes busy for about 5 seconds then nothing happens.

When I press CTRL ALT DEL, there is a program running callled CBD448 follow by about 25 other digits, this must be the game but nothing appears on screen and the PC does not lock, this program is just running in the background.

It is an official copy before anyone asks.

Anyone else had problems like this ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.