GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A versus B"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/11/02 at 13:13
Regular
Opinions on the following as I am now thinking of building a system but would welcome advice.

Pentium 4 v AMD Athlon
Geforce 4 Ti 4200 v ATI Radeon 9000

I will use the computer for all the normal stuff but the major thing I want to do is play games like Medal Of Honour etc

Which off the above is better for games £ for £
Thu 28/11/02 at 08:46
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
I think I will be going for a 2.4 Athlon with a ATI 9700 Pro running off a top notch motherboard which supports 8x AGP

I have been out of the PC gaming world for a few years and am well looking forward to getting back into Counterstrike and the like
Wed 27/11/02 at 14:52
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Mr H wrote:
> Titanium 4200 he means (Hobbo is trying to confuse you further)

Ah, yes, well spotted. I meant Ti4200. :-)
Wed 27/11/02 at 14:21
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Titanium 4200 he means (Hobbo is trying to confuse you further)
Wed 27/11/02 at 10:40
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Athlon is cheaper and faster overall, so that would be best.
Graphics card is harder. I would go for the GeForce personally, you can get a Ti 2400 for a hundred squids if you shop about.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:37
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I would go for the Athlon processor, not sure about the Graphics Card.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:13
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Opinions on the following as I am now thinking of building a system but would welcome advice.

Pentium 4 v AMD Athlon
Geforce 4 Ti 4200 v ATI Radeon 9000

I will use the computer for all the normal stuff but the major thing I want to do is play games like Medal Of Honour etc

Which off the above is better for games £ for £

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.