GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best Mobile phone network?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/11/02 at 13:16
Regular
Which is the best network. Base your response on the signal you get, stability, time to repair services, customer services. Not the phone its self - that would take to long!
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:16
Regular
Which is the best network. Base your response on the signal you get, stability, time to repair services, customer services. Not the phone its self - that would take to long!
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:29
"Darkness, always"
Ive been on (in order) Vodafone, 121 (T-mobile now?), BT (now O²) and Orange.

Orange is superior in every measurable sense.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:32
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Ive been on (in order) Vodafone, 121 (T-mobile now?), BT (now O2)
> and Orange.
>
> Orange is superior in every measurable sense.

My town is a bit iffy for reception. I use Orange, and gives a good signal. BT (O2) is just about ok. 121 (T-mobile) is rubbish here. Most of them have to go outside to get a signal!
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:34
"You love us!"
Yeah 100% agree with IB. Been on Orange since I got my first phone a good few years ago, and the whole package is excellent. Good reception, you can choose *any* price plan you want (they'll even match other networks tariffs) and the customer service is flawless.

My only complaint would be this, for some very strange reason you just can't seem to get a very reception when standing in SR’s head office in Sawbow! Dunno why, and this is pretty much the only place I’ve noticed it happens, but it's true. You've pretty much gotta’ go outside to get a decent reception!

Hell my Orange signal even works when I’m on the Tube, and that is 15ft underground. Must be a black hole or something around the SR head office ;-)
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:34
"Darkness, always"
Orange are the best for signal.

Strange when you consider that they are effectively owned by Vodafone.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:38
Regular
Echelon_vs_Lightforce wrote:
Hell my Orange signal even works when I’m on the Tube, and that is 15ft underground.

They probably have one of those low power "hidden" transmitters down there.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:41
"You love us!"
More than likely.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:42
"You love us!"
Still impressive thought.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:42
"You love us!"
*thought

*though
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:52
Regular
I do get a laugh out of 121 (T-Mobile) users who have to come outside to work their phones. There's a few in my street, and to see them out in the rain in the middle of winter trying to wave their phone's around to get a signal is a laugh!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.