GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recycle those consoles."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/11/02 at 14:37
Regular
If you're like me (a complete computer games addict) then you've probably got a console or two lying around somewhere. My older brother got me into games when I was just 2 years old and I've had every major console since then. I'm not rich I just don’t have a life for a few months when a console comes out because I've spent all my money on them.
The problem I find is that I have a hell of alot of consoles lying around not being used.
You could say why don’t I sell them but I like the fact that if I feel a bit nostalgic I can go play on my Master System or SNES.
I've come up with a few ideas of other uses for some of the consoles but not all of them as that would take forever so feel free to add to the list.

Playstation 2.
We all know in a few years time Sony will release a new machine so what can use this one for? I find the Playstation 2 makes an excellent bookend for holding my DVDs and games together so they don’t all fall to the side or on the floor.

Xbox.
The Xbox is one of my favourite consoles but one of its downsides is that it is so damn heavy. In fact it's so heavy the only really use for it is a doorstop, I mean this thing could literally hold the doors to Jurassic Park open!

PSOne.
For this I'm talking about the newer smaller version. Paint it black with a hint of green and put an Xbox symbol in the middle and give it to your little sister to put in her dolls house as a scale model of the Xbox. (Sorry about all the Xbox bashing I really do like it but you've got to admit it is big).

Dreamcast.
I could never understand why this console failed it was so good. Maybe it was because of the industrial strength cooling system it had on it (you had to be careful when getting close to it incase you got sucked in!)With such a strong fan it makes an excellent air freshener, just put a bowl of potpourri next to the intake fan and your room smells great within minutes.

Gamecube.
I absolutely love this console and hope Nintendo does make another one after this. If they do one use for the Gamecube is a funky desktop paperweight, it looks great and you can stand your pens in the handle at the back. A waste of a console but hey, I can't think of anything else.

That's all I can think of for now so feel free to contribute your ideas and I apologise if I've insulted anyone’s console, I didn't mean to just remember I've got these consoles too.
Tue 26/11/02 at 14:48
"slightlyshortertagl"
El Blokey One wrote:
> Game Boy Advance - an anti torch, if you need everything to become
> realy dark switch this on and it sucks all the light out of
> everything.

heh,
Tue 26/11/02 at 14:41
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Game Boy Advance - an anti torch, if you need everything to become realy dark switch this on and it sucks all the light out of everything.
Tue 26/11/02 at 14:40
Regular
"bing bang bong"
My Playstation 2 doubles as a chopping board.
Tue 26/11/02 at 14:37
If you're like me (a complete computer games addict) then you've probably got a console or two lying around somewhere. My older brother got me into games when I was just 2 years old and I've had every major console since then. I'm not rich I just don’t have a life for a few months when a console comes out because I've spent all my money on them.
The problem I find is that I have a hell of alot of consoles lying around not being used.
You could say why don’t I sell them but I like the fact that if I feel a bit nostalgic I can go play on my Master System or SNES.
I've come up with a few ideas of other uses for some of the consoles but not all of them as that would take forever so feel free to add to the list.

Playstation 2.
We all know in a few years time Sony will release a new machine so what can use this one for? I find the Playstation 2 makes an excellent bookend for holding my DVDs and games together so they don’t all fall to the side or on the floor.

Xbox.
The Xbox is one of my favourite consoles but one of its downsides is that it is so damn heavy. In fact it's so heavy the only really use for it is a doorstop, I mean this thing could literally hold the doors to Jurassic Park open!

PSOne.
For this I'm talking about the newer smaller version. Paint it black with a hint of green and put an Xbox symbol in the middle and give it to your little sister to put in her dolls house as a scale model of the Xbox. (Sorry about all the Xbox bashing I really do like it but you've got to admit it is big).

Dreamcast.
I could never understand why this console failed it was so good. Maybe it was because of the industrial strength cooling system it had on it (you had to be careful when getting close to it incase you got sucked in!)With such a strong fan it makes an excellent air freshener, just put a bowl of potpourri next to the intake fan and your room smells great within minutes.

Gamecube.
I absolutely love this console and hope Nintendo does make another one after this. If they do one use for the Gamecube is a funky desktop paperweight, it looks great and you can stand your pens in the handle at the back. A waste of a console but hey, I can't think of anything else.

That's all I can think of for now so feel free to contribute your ideas and I apologise if I've insulted anyone’s console, I didn't mean to just remember I've got these consoles too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.