GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rez"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/03/02 at 22:05
Regular
I have just fallen in love with the game Rez. I have absoluotly no idea what the game is about well apart from you fly round a computer shooting viruses and stuff but other than that?

I think it's just that hypnotic beat the developers have invented. It runs rings around your brain telling you to keep playing. I started to play and almost found it impossible to turn my console off. The colours have also got a hypnotic effect, it just draws you in. I think SEGA hired a master of hypnosis to create a game idea that people will not stop playing even though the games a load of rubbish.

Sorry have to go now and play Rez.... OOOoooh colourful.
Wed 06/03/02 at 22:05
I have just fallen in love with the game Rez. I have absoluotly no idea what the game is about well apart from you fly round a computer shooting viruses and stuff but other than that?

I think it's just that hypnotic beat the developers have invented. It runs rings around your brain telling you to keep playing. I started to play and almost found it impossible to turn my console off. The colours have also got a hypnotic effect, it just draws you in. I think SEGA hired a master of hypnosis to create a game idea that people will not stop playing even though the games a load of rubbish.

Sorry have to go now and play Rez.... OOOoooh colourful.
Wed 06/03/02 at 22:16
Regular
Rez is a cool game.
Wait till you get to "area 5" - bloody gorgeous.
Thu 07/03/02 at 15:07
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, the sounds are all made by WaveMaster- formerly Sega's music department. So you expect it to be pretty good.

I'm still on the "beyond stages". I can play as a Morolian (the bad guys from Space Channel 5) and up to the final level to start. I also have the new colour mode. How do you get more stuff? Do you justr have to get a better and better score?

Sonic
Thu 07/03/02 at 15:11
Regular
I'm doing the main story mode, and have opened up stage 3, I think.

However, when I "level up" to a better shape and finish the level, how do I save my new level? If I quit and then come back, I start off with the basic level again.

If you see what I mean? I haven't explained it too well...
Thu 07/03/02 at 15:36
Regular
In "play/story" mode, if you exit the game you are always returned to the 1st form. Don't really know why, but that's just how it is.

New levels, colour schemes and other bonus stuff in "beyond" mode are unlocked in many ways - but mainly by topping the high score tables.

There is also a full ending where "eden" thanks you for being her saviour. The first time I finished area 5 and returned eden to her human form I didn't get it. I did eventually though.
Thu 07/03/02 at 15:45
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
well ive played the demo and I must admit I was hooked to the colours, wierdness, music and killing!

Its not a game id normally go for..

but for some reason I got hooked on the demo..

it was like I didnt really want to play it but was addicted to it, I kept thinkin i'll switch it off in a minute..

but that minute didnt come..

how strange?

what is it about this game?
Thu 07/03/02 at 15:57
Regular
AbsoluT Neo wrote:
what is it about
> this game?

It's just a one-off.
The way the lock-on shooting, the psychedelic graphics, the music, the sounds & the vibration all merge together as one.
It's unique.
Thu 07/03/02 at 16:24
Regular
"TAGLINE ERROR!"
Cant..sleep..having too many rez flashbacks...colours evrywhere..make them stop..arrghh
Thu 07/03/02 at 21:48
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
*Cinnamon* wrote:
> In "play/story" mode, if you exit the game you are always returned to
> the 1st form. Don't really know why, but that's just how it is.

New levels,
> colour schemes and other bonus stuff in "beyond" mode are unlocked in
> many ways - but mainly by topping the high score tables.

There is also a full
> ending where "eden" thanks you for being her saviour. The first time I
> finished area 5 and returned eden to her human form I didn't get it. I did
> eventually though.

How did you get that ending? Is it after doind loads of "beyond mode" stuff, or just replaying the game with high scores (if so, what mode?)

Sonic
Fri 08/03/02 at 21:33
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
How did you get that ending? Is it after doind loads of
> "beyond mode" stuff, or just replaying the game with high scores (if so, what mode?)

To be honest, I don't know for sure, but I think I got the full ending when I completed "direct assault" (in beyond mode) with a good high score (about 900,000pts).
But like I said, it just happened one time and I didn't note how I'd done it.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.