GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"which console?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/11/02 at 20:14
Regular
i live here in egypt and i want to know which is the best selling console in uk: xbox , gamecube , ps2 , or dreamcast
i hope its dreamcast!!
Tue 26/11/02 at 20:14
i live here in egypt and i want to know which is the best selling console in uk: xbox , gamecube , ps2 , or dreamcast
i hope its dreamcast!!
Tue 26/11/02 at 20:23
egyptian boy wrote:
> i live here in egypt and i want to know which is the best selling
> console in uk: xbox , gamecube , ps2 , or dreamcast
> i hope its dreamcast!!

Definitely not Dreamcast:-(. It was brought out too early (it gets classed with the PS1, as a "last generation" console), and Sega didn't advertise enough.

In terms of weekly sales, I think it changes from week to week, but overall, it's the PS2.
Sun 01/12/02 at 21:14
Regular
the most popular console in the uk is also the worst, you guest it ps2,
dreamcast wasent very popular becasue ps2 has always been over rated becasue sony know how to sell a product a sega dont any most ppl wouldnt give sega a chance.
anyway dreamcast has been dead for a few years over here but its still they best of the lot so
Tue 03/12/02 at 15:50
Regular
"we escape....."
how can u say PS2 worst console, look at the groundbreaking games
Mon 16/12/02 at 10:26
"Wa-wa-west"
I like the dreamcast as much as anyone, but the PS2 is just much better, I have a GameCube as well, so I'm going to get some Sega games for that.
Mon 16/12/02 at 10:37
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Basically, list the systems you gave in order of cruddiness.

PS2/Xbox/GameCube/Dreamcast

That's how well they sell.
Wed 18/12/02 at 07:54
Regular
Sorry mate but it is PS2. I wish it was Game Cube though.
Wed 18/12/02 at 15:32
Vice wrote:
> how can u say PS2 worst console, look at the groundbreaking games

What groundbreaking games? PS2 has lots of games, granted, but so many of them are run-of-the-mill. Or, there's the Dreamcast, with not quite so many games, but many more stunners. The reason you think that PS2 games are groundbreaking is because the developers of some of the "groundbreaking" games copied what had been done before on the Dreamcast, but you hadn't seen the Dreamcast games they got their ideas from, so assumed that the PS2 developers had come up with them. Don't forget also that some PS2 titles are actually made by Sega, in my opinion the most innovative, original developer, along with Nintendo.
Wed 18/12/02 at 17:32
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Even though I have a PS2, I would trade it in any day to keep my DC. To be honest, DC is the only console I have really fallen in love with. It is the only console so far that actually gives me fulfillment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.