GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BILL GATES, WILL YOU BUY ME AN XBOX?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/03/02 at 20:34
Regular
Who here has enough money to buy an Xbox? Not me that's for sure. Bill Gates is probably the only one that does. I'm not saying Xboxes are bad, in fact they're great. Not a ton of people have Xboxes because they are so expensive (three hundred pounds!). Write your respones to this paragraph. I have one more question adressed to the richest man in the world. "Mr. Gates, will you buy me an Xbox?"
Mon 11/03/02 at 11:09
"slightlyshortertagl"
Please Bill?
Mon 11/03/02 at 11:07
Regular
"699 days!"
Outlaw_UK wrote:
> So in the long run it is best for gamers to get an X-Box (as with the hardware
> cost and quality of games).

Outlaw.

Actually, in the long run REAL gamers will not stubbornly stick to one console, but embrace all and realise since they all have great games that are exclusives, if you're into gaming having all is the only way to go. I don't want to miss Halo, Smash Brothers or DMC personally.
Sun 10/03/02 at 22:18
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Exactly. :-) It looks like RTS games are going to be coming back to consoles now thanks to the X-Box. :-)
I love games like Red Alert 2 and Age of Empires 2.

There were quite a few on PS1 but everything seems to have gotten pretty quiet lately with RTS games on consoles.
AOE2 came out on PS2, but it was a pretty crap version of it.

The X-Box network capabilities should make for some good multiplayers. ;-)
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:00
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
So in the long run it is best for gamers to get an X-Box (as with the hardware cost and quality of games).

Outlaw.
Sun 10/03/02 at 13:20
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Outlaw_UK wrote:

> And it's good to see a tagline GpotterUK!!

Thanks!! I struggled to think of one, so I hope this hits the mark!!
Sat 09/03/02 at 22:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
And just think, PS2 owners have to buy things like Hard Drive seperate, so it works out more expensive in the end.
Sat 09/03/02 at 19:06
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
I think this issue just arose from the price of X-Box at the moment compared to it's competitors. All of us with any credibility have said time and time again that it is the hardware with the X-Box that makes it so good and more expensive to it's competition. If the PS2 had everything included that the X-Box has it will be coming well onto the £500 mark at launch - the X-Box is a bargain.

And it's good to see a tagline GpotterUK!!

Outlaw.
Sat 09/03/02 at 18:10
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Couldn't agree more.

£300, to be honest, is an absolute bargain when you consider what hardware you are getting, and how genuinely *good* the games are. Actually, it's not that the games are good (they are!), but more the fact that developers can easily get quality graphics and sound out of it in a shorter space of time.

Anything that can make a developers life easier is naturally going to get more support, and more support = more sales = more support....you get the picture.

Also, WHY do people moan about the cost of hardware? If £300 is a lot of money, then so is £200. Especially when you consider the price of the games, yet we all go and buy them by the bucketload without a single complaint.
Thu 07/03/02 at 19:11
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
See, just listen to savatt1668!!

Outlaw.
Wed 06/03/02 at 23:05
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Playstation 1 - also £300. N64 wasn't far off at launch at £250.

Sega Saturn was £400 if I remember right ! Neo Geo, another massive price tag at around £300 - £400 !

I really don't see why so many people are using this £300 price tag as ammo to be hostile towards the X-Box. Just cause PS2 has come down in price recently and the Gamecube is going to be £150, its not as though £300 is new to anyone.

I bet if the Gamecube was £300 people would be screaming how much of a bargain it is with Sony reducing their price cause their crapping their pants over the arrival of the new Ninty machine.

I wonder if this screaming over the £300 price will carry on when the PS3 arrives with no doubt this price attached to it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.