GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance'.
Tue 26/11/02 at 20:57
Regular
Well, after playing it to death i am proud to say it is the best mortal kombat game so far!
and, i will go firther to say it is the best fighting game on the Cube so far!

the graphics,t he sound and the moves are all spot on!

the playability, and ease of picking up moves is great!
only thing im having difficulty with is the bloody fatalities!
anyone got any button presses for them?
lol

i have unlocked 2 characters so far, Reptile, and Kitana, you have to do this by purchasing Koffins int he Krypt.
You earn Koins while playing the game in Arcade, or challenge modes.
Thu 28/11/02 at 14:51
Regular
Yeah, stop bragging!

I was better!

lol
Thu 28/11/02 at 14:43
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
I am a complete MK nut - in fact when the first game came out my mum new exactly where to find me...down the arcade with a bunch of spectators oooohing and aaaahhing at my proficiency..really I was that good

:p *Smug*

To justify this I had to learn the game inside out, and whilst memory grows thin I remember being able to do sub zero's fatality to Raiden quickly enough for him to remain all blue (electricity when he stands up) and corrupted. Could even do Zero's fatality before he even hit the ground jumping towards the opponent - result: he floats!! . And of course the pit and reptile were par for the course. There were also other wieirdies in MK 2 like Johnny Cages multiple uppercut fatality and stuff. It was just the sheer mysteriousness of the game, and the community that grew around it, becuase it did not give it's secrets away easily. Make no mistake - for technical fighting it was doo doo, Street Fighter, Samurai Shodown and VF 1 were all a hell of a lot deeper, but for sheer crowd pleasing over the top stuff MK Rocked!

Now that they have tried to address the technical side of it with multiple fighting styles and more individual rather than one size fits all moves it's looking good.

BUT - we have to wait for ******* late Fatality Friday 14th Feb 2003...At least my girly knows I want bone crucnhing, blood splashing fighting mayhem for Valentines... :o)
Wed 27/11/02 at 15:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I refuse to buy it.

It has 'Koffins' and 'Koins;.

Grrrr....
Wed 27/11/02 at 14:58
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
What about Capcom v SNK? That's supposed to be good isn't it?
Tue 26/11/02 at 22:47
Regular
ive got a few now

its US import, i also got metroid prime at last yesterday! must say, at first i thought it was shít!
but after the first level and the caves its growing on me....
Tue 26/11/02 at 22:38
Regular
Stupid fatality button pressing crap, God I hate them. I used to be able to do a few but some of them where just stupid.

BLK BLK DWN BLK DWN

That was Sub Zero's fatality on MK3, doubt it's much help to you but ya never know.
Tue 26/11/02 at 22:02
Regular
He has an American GC, or modded or something like that
Tue 26/11/02 at 21:53
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
It out in the UK?

:)
Tue 26/11/02 at 20:57
Regular
Well, after playing it to death i am proud to say it is the best mortal kombat game so far!
and, i will go firther to say it is the best fighting game on the Cube so far!

the graphics,t he sound and the moves are all spot on!

the playability, and ease of picking up moves is great!
only thing im having difficulty with is the bloody fatalities!
anyone got any button presses for them?
lol

i have unlocked 2 characters so far, Reptile, and Kitana, you have to do this by purchasing Koffins int he Krypt.
You earn Koins while playing the game in Arcade, or challenge modes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.