GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox RGB scart"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/11/02 at 23:06
Regular
Hi all. I've just bought an Xbox and the official RGB scart lead for it. The thing is, am i the only one who finds the picture a bit soft and lacking in contrast? I previously had my Dreamcast through the same socket on RGB scart and the picture was great, very sharp and bright. Just thought i'd see what others thought on here. Cheers peeps.
Tue 26/11/02 at 23:06
Regular
Hi all. I've just bought an Xbox and the official RGB scart lead for it. The thing is, am i the only one who finds the picture a bit soft and lacking in contrast? I previously had my Dreamcast through the same socket on RGB scart and the picture was great, very sharp and bright. Just thought i'd see what others thought on here. Cheers peeps.
Tue 26/11/02 at 23:08
"High polygon count"
I have an unofficial RGB SCART cable and it's fine. Could possibly be a defective cable?
Wed 27/11/02 at 09:12
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I've got the official cable and have no problems with it, picture is excellent when you consider it's on a crap brand 21 inch tv.

It sounds, like Wookie has already said, that it's faulty, but it might be an idea to play around with your TV's settings as on the PS2 I found that games in looked different to the game in 50hz in terms of brightness, colour, contrast e.t.c.

I have to play my Xbox on 50hz, and if you're using it on 60hz then that could be why I haven't seen the difference.

Hm, that was rather rambling wasn't it ?

~~Belldandy~~
Wed 27/11/02 at 13:10
I am still considering getting a scart lead for my xbox.
Wed 27/11/02 at 14:01
"High polygon count"
Silent@Work wrote:
> I am still considering getting a scart lead for my xbox.

I don't see what there is consider! The picture is so much better quality, it should be an automatic purchase.
Wed 27/11/02 at 14:04
Regular
I bought a SCART lead, and it turned the picture into bloody widescreen!

Bearing in mind I only have a 14" telly at uni, when watching a DVD that was also in widescreen, I got about 3" of picture in the middle of my telly, and that was it!

I've gone back to the cable I got with the Xbox for now. Will buy a SCART when I get a decent telly.
Wed 27/11/02 at 14:19
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Silent@Work wrote:
> I am still considering getting a scart lead for my xbox.
>
> I don't see what there is consider! The picture is so much better
> quality, it should be an automatic purchase.

But £20 for a cable!!
Wed 27/11/02 at 17:03
Regular
Its worth it though, I have a 25" TV with a 5.1 system so I needed the advanced scart to connect the optical input cable from the scart into the AMP. The picture quality is excellent and its is an essential purchase for those who watch DVD's on a TV over 21" as it displays a great picture.
Wed 27/11/02 at 18:04
"High polygon count"
Silent@Work wrote:
> But £20 for a cable!!

Get an unofficial one for a tenner! I did, and it's just as perfect.
Wed 27/11/02 at 22:44
I recommend the "Joytech Digital AV Cable" which costs £12.99. It is an RGB Scart cable, which also features the optical out socket and the optical cable for 5.1 surround sound. It also has left and right RCA jacks for stereo connection. The picture and sound quality are both excellent, and considering the offical advanced scart & optical cables would cost you £30 together, the Joytech cable is a bargain.

I have searched on SR and they dont seem to have it, but you can get it from Gameplay with free delivery.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.