GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Descisions, descisions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/11/02 at 12:49
Regular
As you may or may not be aware, I have just found out that I have a GAD Prize to claim for my review of the PSOne Dance Mat (Cheers SR! :D).
But I'm not too sure on what I want to claim this time...

One thing I've thoughtof doing is pre-ordering a game with this; either Metroid Prime or Zelda: Winds of Takuto. But they are both pretty far-away from now, and I really do want something now. Something that I'll enjoy alone, aswell-as with friends on certain occasions.
And if I was to claim either of these games it would have to be Metroid for me, simply because it's nearer than Zelda.

TimeSplitters 2 is a potential winner, but I've heard bad things about the Single Player missions, even though the Multiplayer games sound great.
Then there's Medal of Honor: Frontline... I've heard great remarks about this game from PS2 gamers, and that it has a good single player mode. And now that the GameCube version will have multiplayer options, I'm pretty tempted to go for it.

Now I know, I could go for something else like Eternal Darkness (which I'll hopefully get for Christmas), or Resident Evil or something, but as I said before, I want something that is good in both ways.
I've heard good thing about 007: Nightfire, but I intend to trade-in my copy of Agent Under Fire for money-off that one in the near future - just like I've done with ISS 2 and FIFA 2003 today (hoopefully that'll arrive soon).

What would you reccomend for me, and why??
I'm mainly looking at First-Person Shooters because I've almost finnished Die Hard: Vedetta and I'll be looking for more.

TimeSplitters 2 (which I still believe to be well-over-hyped), or Medal of Honor: Frontline (which I believe will not be released untill the 6th December).... Help me to decide!
Wed 27/11/02 at 15:42
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Damn! Doesn't matter - I'll just have loads of those instead. I suppose any type of level editor is better than none. Anyway, I'll be playing it for a long time...
Wed 27/11/02 at 15:17
Regular
You only can use the gun emplacments unfortunatly.

The abilty to make outside levels and a few more level types would have been nice.
Wed 27/11/02 at 15:10
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I'm going to try my hand at designing some levels tonight. I'm going to try and design a massive level a bit like the Training Ground but better! More guns, camera guns and enemy emplacements that you can shake a big stick at! I'll let you know how I go tomorrow...
Wed 27/11/02 at 15:06
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I like Timesplitters 2, and I think that the Single player isn't that bad. You can get some fun out of the Multi-player and you can also make your own maps to play on, but they get boring after a while.

Still, I think that the game is worth getting.
Wed 27/11/02 at 15:02
Regular
I thought the single players was great, the challeneges and DM leagues will last you aaaaaaaages.

Still haven't unlocked everything yet.
Wed 27/11/02 at 14:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have to say, TS2 single is pretty poor, not excellent.

Some levels are great on normal mode and above - The Oblask Dam and that alen crashsite one in particular - but some, like Notre Dam, do the same as on easy, and just throw in some more zombies. Its reasonalbe, but not what I wanted.

Multiplayer on the otherhand is excellent. Can't go wrong there.
Wed 27/11/02 at 14:04
Regular
How can you consider Timesplitters 2 over hyped if you haven't played it?

I'd definetly go for TSP2, the game'll last you aaaaaaaaages.
Wed 27/11/02 at 14:03
Regular
"aliens exist"
medal of honour os over hyped, all the levels look the same and u dont feel like your doing anything new, where as with timesplitters 2 every level is different set in different eras and the single player is better than medal of honour plus theresn loads of mini games and unlockable characters and levels,
Wed 27/11/02 at 13:32
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The single player on Time Splitters 2 is excellent.
Wed 27/11/02 at 13:27
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Good work - you're going to love it. I've heard the GC version is the best out of all three...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.