GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Virtua Tennis 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Virtua Tennis 2'.
Wed 27/11/02 at 14:44
Regular
any one with news on this one?
saw it in the sun and it looks quality, hope its as good as the original on the dreamcast.
Wed 27/11/02 at 18:48
Regular
"Whatever!"
The last release date I heard was the 29th November - This friday! I hope so anyway cause I want this game badly
Wed 27/11/02 at 18:46
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
WTF? You had it on the DC but got it for PS2 too?!?!

If your DC is still in working order, you're a crazy man.

I ordered the PS2 version for my recent GAD...so is it coming out this Friday? SR seem to think it's already out, that or there's no release date?
Wed 27/11/02 at 18:23
"cheerios"
i got vitue ennis on pc..downloaded it.... :) good game... but is the sequel as good as the amazing classic... answer me that... :)
Wed 27/11/02 at 18:08
yeah, as i said earlier theres too many good games around ive brought 3 in a couple of weeks and ive shared the playin so i havent got very far on any of them
Wed 27/11/02 at 17:33
"You love us!"
it's pretty much the same as the Dreamcast version to be honest. The Tourny mode is much better than Virtua Tennis 1, and there are loads of those little 'task' - like having to knock over bowling pins with your serve etc. To be honest, haven't really played it much more than a few single games - Got SW Bounty Hunter and MK Deadly Alliance on the same day and both are better - IMO.
Wed 27/11/02 at 17:30
i thought u got it from the high st. what sort of things are in it?
what tournies, players etc
Wed 27/11/02 at 17:19
"You love us!"
pes_dave wrote:
> u got it last week!!
> where from?

Got an import copy sent over last week dude. Think it might have been purchased from Babages, but not sure - if that helps ;-)
Wed 27/11/02 at 17:12
u got it last week!!
where from?
i may not get it for a while, theres so many quality games out the last few weeks
pes2, burnout2, timesplitter2, gta vc (bit of a sequel fest) and now virtua tennis.....2
dam those companies who cash in on xmas!!!
what about the rest of the year!! share the joy!
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:30
"You love us!"
yeah got it last week actually. Hmmm, for some reason it just doesn't seem as good as i remember the original Virtua Tennis, and Virtua Tennis 2 (which i have also on DC)to be on the DC - but this is more than likely my memory making the DC version better than it was.

Still a fine game tho. Arcade perfect, with a much better world tour mode than the first Virtua Tennis game. Also the female players help to add more depth. One problem, the aliasing is quite bad and it tends to 'shimmer' a bit - but it's a small price to pay for the best tennis game ever on PS2 i guess.

I may dig out the DC version of Virtua Tennis 1 and 2, just to see if they are as good as i remember, and how they match up against the PS2 version.

Good game tho.
Wed 27/11/02 at 16:25
Regular
"Whatever!"
pes_dave wrote:
> any one with news on this one?
> saw it in the sun and it looks quality, hope its as good as the
> original on the dreamcast.

Should be out on friday - Just this minute ordered it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.