GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Improving your PS2 picture"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/03/02 at 12:11
Regular
I just wanted to say that buying a S-Video (SVHS) cable for your PS2 (or for any console, but i chose to share only with my fellow PS2 owners) is the best peripheral you can buy. I bought one for my N64 and me PS2 and the difference in picture was amzing. Unfortunatly special reserve dont seem to sell em for the PS2, but i got one from electronics boutique for about £6 (I hope SP dont ban me now!!!)

Make sure your telly has a S-Video port though!!!!!!!
Thu 07/03/02 at 17:14
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
I got an RGB scart for 12 quid from HMV last week and the picture quality is tops....especially on Pro Evo.....and DoA2 on 60Hz.....yumm. add this to a controller exension lead, a comfy sofa soft ,lighting and an absent girlfriend and the phrase total contentment springs to mind. :)
Wed 06/03/02 at 17:24
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
if your TV has a scart that supports RGB then an RGB cable would be better quality than an S-video lead (although it's hardly a noticable difference) your TV's scart has to support RGB you can tell by looking at the scart socket and it should have a square with 3 dots inside also check your manual that should say.
Wed 06/03/02 at 17:20
Regular
"Back For Good"
RGB is higher quality than S-Video.
Wed 06/03/02 at 15:48
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
i to have an S VHS lead for my PS2, which agreed give a greater pic quality....the only downside is my S VHS socket is on the front of the telly, which is rather unsightly
Wed 06/03/02 at 14:03
Agreed.
Wed 06/03/02 at 12:11
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
I just wanted to say that buying a S-Video (SVHS) cable for your PS2 (or for any console, but i chose to share only with my fellow PS2 owners) is the best peripheral you can buy. I bought one for my N64 and me PS2 and the difference in picture was amzing. Unfortunatly special reserve dont seem to sell em for the PS2, but i got one from electronics boutique for about £6 (I hope SP dont ban me now!!!)

Make sure your telly has a S-Video port though!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.