GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games I'd like to see bought to the "Next-Gen""

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/03/02 at 10:41
Regular
Sat here thinking away to myself instead of working like I Should be doing, and I though of some titles that I'd love to see appear on the PS2...

*Syndicate Wars
This was a killer game on the PSX, the scale was huge and the idea of taking on cults with a brain washed army of "lemmings" was great.. The destruction was un paramount... This game is definatley overdue in the PS2 makeover list... Imaging the possibilities... GTA3 scale, Online capabilities...

**SpeedBall
Need I say more...

***G-Police
This game was awesome in it's first incarnation... the sequal was even better, could you imagine it on the PS2?

****Terry Pratchett
We've had Discworld 1&2 and Discworld Noir, lets have something new in the stylee of Monkey island and not broken Sword!!

On another note...

Transformers
This has been screaming for a game since the dawn of the console... We have Gundam, lets have Transformers!!

Zoids
Again... around since the dawn of time, but still no game? Armoured Core meets Transformers...

What kind of games would you like to see bought into the next generation from the last? What would you like to see a game based around?

People moan about inovation... it's about time we started telling firms what we wanted to see...
Wed 06/03/02 at 10:41
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Sat here thinking away to myself instead of working like I Should be doing, and I though of some titles that I'd love to see appear on the PS2...

*Syndicate Wars
This was a killer game on the PSX, the scale was huge and the idea of taking on cults with a brain washed army of "lemmings" was great.. The destruction was un paramount... This game is definatley overdue in the PS2 makeover list... Imaging the possibilities... GTA3 scale, Online capabilities...

**SpeedBall
Need I say more...

***G-Police
This game was awesome in it's first incarnation... the sequal was even better, could you imagine it on the PS2?

****Terry Pratchett
We've had Discworld 1&2 and Discworld Noir, lets have something new in the stylee of Monkey island and not broken Sword!!

On another note...

Transformers
This has been screaming for a game since the dawn of the console... We have Gundam, lets have Transformers!!

Zoids
Again... around since the dawn of time, but still no game? Armoured Core meets Transformers...

What kind of games would you like to see bought into the next generation from the last? What would you like to see a game based around?

People moan about inovation... it's about time we started telling firms what we wanted to see...
Wed 06/03/02 at 10:58
Regular
Sensible world of Soccer.

Woundt really want the actual game engine changed much at all. Just like to see it on a next gen console. Amiga version I had has too much loading...

They bringing Kick-off to the PS2 aint they? Surely SWOS can make it as well.
Wed 06/03/02 at 14:47
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Streets of rage or final fight (c me scrolling beat em ups topic)

oh and sonic the hedgehog needs to go back to 2D
Wed 06/03/02 at 14:48
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I totally agree on G-police! I only got the first one but it was so good, i use to just fly around doing nothing but blowing up the little cars on the road, class.

Maybe they could have a walking section where you could land whereever you wanted...
Wed 06/03/02 at 17:01
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
Cannon Fodder ( It is coming - when I dont know )

Last Ninja

IK+ ( Once again rumoured to be coming back but probably only on Gameboy)

Elite

Infiltrator (on c64 but was a very early isometric MGS)
Wed 06/03/02 at 17:30
Tyla, if you haven't played it already, Deus Ex is pretty much the natural successor to Syndicate and Syndicate Wars (barring the lack of team missions unfortunately).

JC Denton is the man.
Wed 06/03/02 at 17:34
As for games I'd like to see updated -

Chaos (a true update, not something like Sacrifice on the PC)
Skool Daze
Also a decent shooty platformer (updated from the Cobra/Exolon/Green Beret/Ruff n Tumble game style)

Oh, and Uridium. Though I've read that's been bought up. Come to daddy.....
Wed 06/03/02 at 20:17
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Ye I would love to see another Discworld game, especially on the PS2. The humour is just great and I think the PS2 has a lack of point and click adventures..Oh and by the way, whats have you got against Broken Sword??:)
Wed 06/03/02 at 20:20
Regular
I got both Broken swords and heroes of might and magic 3 on pc for £10.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.