GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Important Info on XBox Live Test Drive"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/11/02 at 16:16
Regular
I have heard that it could be on the site on the 29th instead of the 30th. I've also heard that Microsoft are only selling it for ONE day. So if its on the site on the 29th then the 29th is the only day you can order. So keep your eyes open on the 29th and 30th. If it is only up for ONE or while stocks last its best the order the kit as soon as you can or other wise you will have to wait till March 14th 2003.
Wed 04/12/02 at 02:12
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
hope you have fun
Tue 03/12/02 at 12:36
cheers buddy, all done dusted and ordered, Just gotta wait for my broadband another 10 days now, before i can challange all you mo fo's to a game of unreal, i will win of course. I'll be sure to let you know my gametag when im online
Tue 03/12/02 at 12:32
and waiting. A pretty long time in some peoples case. Not mine however.
Mon 02/12/02 at 21:03
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
skineddy wrote:
> how did you get hold of the starter kit, i just cant get one

Goto xbox.com and set up an account with them if you haven't already (just a free thing where you add yourself to the mailing list and stuff).
Select United Kingdom as your country otherwise you'll be on the U.S site. Now click on the X-Box Live option at the top of the screen and you'll be taken to the appropriate area.
Scroll to the right and you should see an icon which contains the words "buy now".

Make sure you have access to a credit card and your away - its a simple case of doing whats asked and ordering. :-)
Mon 02/12/02 at 16:03
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> I got my order in on Sunday at 00:05 a.m. :0)

Hope to see you soon on it then remember to add my gamertag to your friends list :D
Mon 02/12/02 at 14:36
how did you get hold of the starter kit, i just cant get one
Mon 02/12/02 at 13:32
"slightlyshortertagl"
I got my order in on Sunday at 00:05 a.m. :0)
Mon 02/12/02 at 11:29
did all you waiting for the site to change get your orders in?
Fri 29/11/02 at 22:20
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Just been reading this over at Gamespot;

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories /news/0,10870,2898594,00.html

Kinda interesting, it's an intereview with some US MS guy about Xbox Live and where it's going to go in the future, and a few of the issues surrounding it so far. Quite surprised to see that one of the things effecting performance has been people using routers...especially after numerous sites have lambasted USB Modem / ICS users for this. Apparently MS are setting up a list of recommended routers to help this.

1 hour 40 mins to go, hopefully....really hjope they chagne it over at midnight :(

~~Belldandy~~
Fri 29/11/02 at 21:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Only problem with the buildings coming down is that it can take awhile to do it at times. So by the time your laughing at the thought of your opponent being crushed under the rubble, he's already legged it well away - doh !

Good game though - I just wish there were a bit more strategy involved like in the mechwarrior games on PC. Afterall, the tactics of taking out certain body parts and exploiting different mech's weaknesses would have made a nice change as we're no doubt gonna see more than enough straight shooters on X-Box Live.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.