GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I;m shocked!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/11/02 at 17:48
Regular
I'm auctioning off some old PS2 games on ebay, and of all the titles, Ace Combat 4 has generated the most interest. I started it off at £10, and there have been 9 bids - it's now up to £26!

And I'd probably only have got about £8 trading it in!

I really didn't expect that title to get that much money, as - in my opinion - there are better games among those I'm selling.
Mon 02/12/02 at 00:36
"High polygon count"
Verbatim wrote:
> Out of interest, did they all go?

All but one!
Mon 02/12/02 at 00:22
Thats a pretty good return for those games.

Out of interest, did they all go?
Fri 29/11/02 at 11:47
"High polygon count"
Darwock wrote:
> Don't you have to give a percentage of the price you get to eBay?

Yes, but it's a small percentage, and still leaves you with more than you'll get trading in.

I've listed games that haven't sold, so I'll probably trade them in anyway.

But I've just made over £100 on eBay. Sure, it's a fraction of what they cost originally, but it's still a lot more than Game would have offered me! :-)
Fri 29/11/02 at 11:43
"High polygon count"
cipro wrote:
> Though I am now considering selling my PS2 game on e-bay as apposed to
> flogging them off to a second hand place

It's well worth it. I was trading mine in Game, where most games will get you £8 to £10. Very recent games will get £15 to £20 at most.

On eBay, you'll get a much better deal.
Fri 29/11/02 at 11:02
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Don't you have to give a percentage of the price you get to eBay?
Fri 29/11/02 at 11:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Funnily enough I just descovered e-bay, it's the first time I've ever bought off there. Though I am now considering selling my PS2 game on e-bay as apposed to flogging them off to a second hand place, it certainly seems like I can get more money on them.
Thu 28/11/02 at 22:48
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Ace Combat 4 is one of the best games on the PS2.
Thu 28/11/02 at 22:28
Regular
"Max Power"
it was you UUUO ©
Thu 28/11/02 at 22:23
Regular
"Touched!"
You can get some good deals on ebay, i'm sometimes tempted to place the odd bid here and there!
Thu 28/11/02 at 22:09
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
My mate got a few CDs from eBay last night for 5p each last night, because he was around when no-one else was to place an offer.

Lucky beggar, although he said it might've been a hoax sale. Weird.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.