GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doshin - worth getting?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doshin the Giant'.
Thu 28/11/02 at 18:34
Regular
Been interested in it for quite a while, never really that much to make me go out and but it. If anyone has it, do you recommend it?

I'm especially interested in what it offers in terms of longevity - I really don't want another short Nintendo game.
Fri 29/11/02 at 19:25
Regular
I loved Black and White.

This game intrests me, I'll get it pre-owned, that way i won't be losing out on much cash.
Fri 29/11/02 at 16:29
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Based on that i'd certainly give it a try - sounds like a less hardcore version of Black & White which is reportedly one of the most over-hyped games I've ever played.
Fri 29/11/02 at 16:23
Regular
Don't listen to IB, he's insane, and suffering from dementia.
Fri 29/11/02 at 16:18
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I found it to be good during the first few weeks I had it, and very original. But I'm not pretty sick and fed-up with it, but that may be because I got frustrated with all the villagers and their hate for me, and so I destroyed their pathetic little lives in 5 minutes with Jashin!!

That's one of the best things about this game - destruction.
Build something beautifull with Doshin, destroy it all with his other-side!
:D

I reckon you should either rent it or get it cheap (maybe pre-owned somewhere?). Depends whether or not you like Japanese-style games or not really. There's no time limit, but it's not something you'll be wanting to play forever. But you can come-back to it real easily.
Fri 29/11/02 at 11:07
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
My favourite "God" game has to be either Meglomania or Populous...great games!
Fri 29/11/02 at 10:15
"Darkness, always"
Doshin is gay. It's the most insulting piece of crap I've come across in years. I am so very thankful that I could take it back to SR for a full refund.

If you have any other "God" games, I guarantee that they are better than this tripe.
Fri 29/11/02 at 07:15
Regular
pop
Thu 28/11/02 at 19:22
Regular
gerrid wrote:

> Other things,however, he's as good as anyone else.

Better!!
Thu 28/11/02 at 19:18
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Whitestripes wrote:
> but I'm crazy

I agree. You didn't even like Shenmue. Don't trust WS. Ever. On games. Other things,however, he's as good as anyone else.
Thu 28/11/02 at 19:10
Regular
It'll last you ages so long as you have the patience for it. There's no time limit so it could last you forever.

Problem is there's not really enough things to do to keep your attention for a very long time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.