GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XI PC Release Date in UK?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XI'.
Thu 28/11/02 at 22:52
Regular
when the heck is Final Fantasy XI Coming out for PC in the UK
Please i need to know!!!
Thu 28/11/02 at 22:52
Regular
"You only live twice"
when the heck is Final Fantasy XI Coming out for PC in the UK
Please i need to know!!!
Thu 28/11/02 at 23:29
Regular
Probably never.

It hasn't been a stellar success in Japan because it is so goddamn expensive.

To Play it you need to have a subscription with an ISP, a PS2 with a fitted HDD, a PS2 ethernet adapter, obviously a jeyboard and mouse help, then you need to buy the game at normal RRP, then you need to pay roughly £10 per month subscription to PlayOnline, Squares own gaming portal.

Put it this way, if they expect me to fork out that much for it, I'll stick to PC RPGs or, buy everquest, which apparently is going belly up too.
Fri 29/11/02 at 03:07
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Everquest is down for a PS2 release (no release date yet though).

The developers have decided on no PvP type play, although Guilds will be permitted. The plans are for selling the game at full retail price, with possibly 1 months gametime included for online play, then a monthly subscription thereafter (amount currently unspecified).

FFXI for the PC should have started shipping in Japan already, Square had it down for a November 17th release over there. This probably means a European release sometime in the next 3-6 months.
Fri 29/11/02 at 09:27
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
The last date given was April 2004. I think this was for the PS2 release, though I would think it would be unlikely for the PC version to get a release before the PS2 version, but then, what do I know?
Fri 29/11/02 at 11:07
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I don't expect MMORPGs to bvecome very popular on consoles, due to the fact you have to pay a monthly subscription to play the game, on top of the money you pay for internet connection. That might be why Squaresoft are converting the game to PC, as it does have a bigger user base for these MMORPGs so will probably be more popular.
Fri 29/11/02 at 11:10
"Darkness, always"
Yeah, MMORPGs tend to get huge followings, even crap ones.

Consoles just aren't designed with online gaming in mind.
Fri 29/11/02 at 12:55
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
FF11 should be out start of 2004 last I heard, at least we won't be the guinea pigs, all the bugs should be sorted by the time we get it.
Everquest on PS2 - don't hold your breath, I can't really see it working on a console but would love to be proved wrong.

Have a look at ebay.com and search for Everquest (items from all countries) and look at the hundreds of dollars American people are selling their characters for !

Everquest rules by the way, the cheapest online subscription is to pay for a year upfront (£79.99) which equals £6.67 a month.
Mon 02/12/02 at 01:25
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Everquest is due out on PS2 in States on 4th Feb 2003, UK release 4th Feb 2004 ??
Gamespot has info on it
Mon 02/12/02 at 23:18
Regular
"Balls"
i wanna get FFX2 the sequal to final fantasy 10, were it follows yuna and... thats all i know.

cant wait for GC FF to come out anything to do with ff which don't cost 100 quid plus

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.