GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"did you know that gamecube has better graphics when used on a ??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/11/02 at 11:22
Regular
did you know that gamecube has better graphics when used on a monitor, rather than a tv of any describtion......you just need the lead which can be bought from special reserve for around £20

WHAT ARE YOU WATING FOR
Fri 29/11/02 at 15:36
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
oh *disheartened* this is the same product (picture is even the same) Liksang.com says definitively will not work with PAL Gamecube....

"Back-Order, ships when stock arrives Redant US$ 39.00 (~24.66 GBP)
Connect your GameCube™ or N64™ console to a VGA monitor for a much brighter display Auto switching between TV game or PC connection (GC and N64 can be connected at the same time) Outputs: Speaker, VGA, AV Multi Out Inputs: VGA, AV Multi, Sound card. For NTSC GameCube and N64 only (not for PAL models) "

Check the link out: http://www.lik-sang.com and click gamecube in top menu bar, then click cable and adapter link.

Gathers the pieces together and puts on a brave face...

:o(
Fri 29/11/02 at 15:02
Delorentis wrote:
> Farmer (*really really excited*) I have been asking about a lead like
> this from SR on the forums for months. I have had soooo much
> conflicting info about whether it works or doesnt, and it has driven
> me up the wall.
>
> If this works (cos I don't have a tv, I have a 19" TFT display
> and an all in wonder video card for telly) then you will have solved
> my problem
>
> -Do you have one and odes it work well???
> -What is the lead called???
> -Can I read a description of it somewhere???
>
> Post with haste man!
>
> Thanks :o)

i havnt got 1 but you can get them from sr if you have the magazine its on page 13 oh and it costs 49.99
1/links gamecube ps or ps2 or xbox up to a pc monitor
2/provides better picture quality than a scart lead
3/potential screen resoultion from 640 x480 to a massive 1024 x 768

looks good but not cheap eh
Fri 29/11/02 at 13:44
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
Don't forget to answer my post when you have a mo'.

As regards the tele chaps who keep on about 52" this and that. Well done - if telly sizes relate to your erm...ego's then enjoy them.

For some of us with a justified need for the technology: POST DAMMIT! IT'S BEEN MONTHS SINCE ANYONE HAS OFFERED ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE ON THIS TOPIC.

*cracks up as men in white suits jump him...*

May the rats eat your eyeeeeeeees!!! hahaheheeeeheheeeee....
Fri 29/11/02 at 13:19
"cheerios"
yeah...whats the point of playing it on a tiny moniter compared to a 52 inch that i have in my house in manchester...going there for christmas... cant wait...:)
Fri 29/11/02 at 13:01
Regular
Have you ever thought that the Gamecube, or any other console as a matter of fact will look better on a PC monitor. If you didn't know, the resolution on PC monitors are alot higher than on normal tv's. This explains the better graphics.
Fri 29/11/02 at 11:36
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Nor I when I've got my massive 32" widescreen to play it on!
Fri 29/11/02 at 11:32
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
Farmer (*really really excited*) I have been asking about a lead like this from SR on the forums for months. I have had soooo much conflicting info about whether it works or doesnt, and it has driven me up the wall.

If this works (cos I don't have a tv, I have a 19" TFT display and an all in wonder video card for telly) then you will have solved my problem

-Do you have one and odes it work well???
-What is the lead called???
-Can I read a description of it somewhere???

Post with haste man!

Fri 29/11/02 at 11:23
*slaps farmer*

NOOO. I shall never go down to a 17" moniter when i can play it on my 28" TV :P
Fri 29/11/02 at 11:22
did you know that gamecube has better graphics when used on a monitor, rather than a tv of any describtion......you just need the lead which can be bought from special reserve for around £20

WHAT ARE YOU WATING FOR

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.