GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 1... Dead"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/11/02 at 13:07
Regular
I think it is safe to say that Playstaion 1's days are numbered. I dont quite know why, some companies are still producing for this console, the few minority who dont have a new console is very small. Sure they cant afford it for whatever reason, but the reality is that the PS One is dead and buried. Just look at the top 3 games for it now. Dancing Stage Euromis 1, 2 and 3. Now 2 of these games were released about 2 years ago. GTA is still in the charts. Rayman is in the charts, the fate is over, PS One is over, and the PS2 is on!

So i beg all companies to leave the PS1 on a high and not release titles that look terrible, and dont play as well and leave the PS 1 as the console that WAS good, when it aCTUALLY IS GOOD IN ITS OWN RIGHT.

We dont need the brand New Fifa comeing in on PS1 and selling for twenty quid, its just not worth it. As for Harry Potter on PS 1, shops are selling it at 30 quid, a total rip off

Lets just forget about these worthless games coming out on a 7 year old console and one day when we are looking in the atic and we come acorss our PLaystation One, we wont think "what a piece of crap that was" wne we will be thinking,,... Ahhh, i rememeber you
Sat 30/11/02 at 20:34
Regular
"Loves Cookies"
Yea, its quite good how you can still use Psone games on the Ps2.None of the other consoles can do that.It also benfits on you, so you dont have to sell all your good games.
I mean, if i had to sell my FF9 and FF7...id be bored all the while!
Sat 30/11/02 at 20:27
Although i use my PS2 for it, i still play many of my old PS1 games on it, as some of these games really are classics, and if you can put your eyes past the slightly dated visuals these games are still capable of being better than many of the better games today. Not many newer games out today can beat the likes of MGS and the Resi series, and where else are you going to play the early FF games?

As long as all these PS1 games keep there appeal, the PS1 wont be dead for a while.
Sat 30/11/02 at 20:17
Regular
"Loves Cookies"
Tommy Vercetti wrote:
> My PSOne is dead, it's under my bed collecting dust.

Yup, thats what will happen to the PSone, but not just yet.Its still selling and Sony are still making games for it.
Sat 30/11/02 at 14:55
Oh Pro Evo I agree that it's not dead yet as many people still only have a PS1, but sooner or later it will die.
Sat 30/11/02 at 14:50
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Father C wrote:
> I agree, but whenever a new console comes out, in this case the PS2,
> sooner or later the old console will die out, whether or not it's got
> classic games.

Yeah, and thats the case for every console. No doubt that PS2 is a far more powerfull machine.

But still, the fact is the PS1 isnt dead just yet, its still got some backing behind it.
Sat 30/11/02 at 14:48
Regular
ps one was a good console but ps2 is much better
Sat 30/11/02 at 14:45
I agree, but whenever a new console comes out, in this case the PS2, sooner or later the old console will die out, whether or not it's got classic games.
Sat 30/11/02 at 11:41
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Thing is, although there are millions of PS2 owners out there, there are still millions of people who only own a PS1 and so there is still a user base for this console. Just look at the sales of consoles of the last few months too, the PS1 is still selling!

So there is a demand for the console still, and its games, which means, if you take it off the production line, and cancel all the games for it, your disapointing alot of people and giving up a potential profit still available from the console.

Sony would be barmy to kill it off.

Its the perfect console for new comers to gaming. Its cheap, the games are dirt cheap, its got a huge range of old classic games, and then if they buy the PS2 they can play there old games on that at a later time.

PS1 is still very much around.
Sat 30/11/02 at 10:55
Regular
"Black pepper?"
My PSOne is dead, it's under my bed collecting dust.
Sat 30/11/02 at 10:06
This happens every single time another console comes out. Why make games for an old console when you can make games for a much better console? e.g No one makes games for the N64 anymore, they make games for the Gamecube.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.