GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A few game ideas"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/03/02 at 23:11
Regular
I posted this in prime, I thought I would get better feedback there but have had very little feedback or views on it so I thought I would post it here to let those who are interested in posts like these have a read and reply. So here it is.

I decided that it was about time I shared a few game ideas I had. I posted one before on a game which I had called "For truth and revenge",(it is in a post called "Police Action" in the game ideas forum) and I am reworking that idea based on feedback from the site and from a couple of friends who liked the idea too. I'll post that one when I have finished it and found time to do so. Please take the time to read them an offer any views or improvements on them.

IDEA 1 - First up a paintball game
Game is a mixture of a first person and third person view (You can chose the view type yourself) The game puts you in a team either red or blue. You can chose the other memebers in your team from a selection of around 30 people with various skills. You pick a team of 7 for the basic game mode and have to compete agains various teams. There is no story to the game,
Various locations are playable from the usual woodland area to high school buildings. A lot of the game relies on good artificial inteligence for the computer controlled characters.
You can select various modes of play such as capture the flag, eliminate all oponents, multiplayers, single elimination.

Capture the flag
Just like it sounds, the aim is to along with your six computer controlled team mates is to locate your oponents base and capture the flag and then make it back to your own base. If you are shot you have to return to your own base and start again from there. Winning team is first to capture the other teams flag.
By progressing through all the levels and winning them all you can unlock extra characters.

Eliminate all oponents
The aim of this mode of play is to along with your 6 team members is to eliminate all your oponents from the game. One shot is a kill shot for you and the enemy so if you are shot once you are out and have to rely on your team to succed or do it all again.
By progressing through all the areas you can unlock extra locations to be used in the multiplayer game.

Multiplayer
There are a few multiplayer modes, Single or battle
Single Mode
You play against your human oponent, you can decide which extras such as weapons, cheats, number of kill shots, and which location. Winner is the first to reach the set number of kills.
Battle Mode
Both human competitiors pick a team of either 3 or 7 from the selection of 30 characters (more are avialable after completing the first player modes), you can choose from capture the flag as mentioned above or the eliminate all oponents mode of play.

Single Elimination
Single elimination puts you on your own to take on 8 oponents. One shot is all you need to eliminate an oponent and you can be shot three times before you are eliminated. It gets harder as you continue so the last few oponents are the hardest to take on. By completing this mode of play you unlock the three "Special" weapons and the create a character option.

The create a character option is as it sounds, you can create your own soldier to do battle with but remember stealth is important so avoid the bright colours and freakish appearances, or save them for the multiplayer.
A kill shot is the number of shots required to eliminate your oponent from the game, basic weapons are available from the start and more can be unlocked.

Weapons
HandGun
Paint grenade
Smoke Bomb
Extra paint capsules

Weapons available to unlock

Rocket Laucher (launches paint and smoke bombs a greater distance)
Machine gun style paintball gun
Long range sniper rifle

IDEA 2 - Special Forces

This game puts you in the special forces as a top commando. You have various skills and are required to provide round the clock supervision of the one of the richest men in the world after he recieved various death threats. During the game his family are taken hostage and you must find a way of keeping him safe and rescuing him.

Throughout the game you are required to use all the skills taught to you in the Agent Academy (you must try this before you begin the main game), you must dispose bombs, use hand to hand combat, various weapons, snipe assasins and enemy snipers from a distance, drive various vehicles, stealth and disguise.

You must work on your own to protect this man on all his public appearances and throughout the game you are given help and technical information by a computer wizzard known to you only as "Kernel"
You realise that the group responsible for the death threats and kidnapping are a much larger organisation than you anticipated and must take out the head of the corporation to stand any chance of success.

IDEA 3 - Ideas based on films, TV

A-Team
Ever since I was a kid the A-Team was always one of my favourite programs, still watch it when it is on UK gold.So what would the A-Team game be like? Well here is my idea.

You chose your character from the game, either B.A, Faceman, Murdoch or Hanibal. Each character has their own additional parts and areas of the main game.
The main game puts you as your selected character and you have to along with the other members of the A-Team stop criminal activity and rescue hostages etc, just like the programs. The game would be a mix of 3rd and first person, 3rd person for moving around and first person view for using weapons.
Each character has their own objectives to complete, if you are B.A you have to drive the van, fight hand to hand combat and use larger weapons for attack. If you go Murdoch then you have to act crazy to get into hard to access places, use weapons and fly helicopters.If you chose Faceman you would have to drive fast cars and use pretty girls to get top secret information and also use weapons. If you choose Hanibal you have to help organise the main plan and make sure everything goes well and use weapons too.

The missions would be similar to those in the tv show and throughout it all you would have to avoid the MP's and Deker and also help those who need it.

Gladiator
Two ideas on a similar name, first up the TV show gladiator where you have to compete against the gladiators. Up to four players can compete at once and battle it out on all the events that appeared in the show from running the gauntlet to dueling with the big sticks. I think it could work quite well if thoughtout and the idea used well, but it could also turn out a huge flop.

After competing in all events then you decide it on a specially made eliminator course requiring you to get from start to finish in the quickest time, the person with the best scores from earlier events gets a better headstart than their opponent.

Gladiator 2
Puts you in the shoes of either a roman gladiator or as the slave doing battle with them. All the usuals you would expect are there, weird and wonderful weapons for causing pain, swords, spears, knifes, blades, shields etc. Also soldiers on charriots, tigers and flame traps to make it hard to succed.
If you begin as a slave you must take on gladiator after gladiator, each one a little harder than before. Reach the end and unlock extra weapons and armour and characters.

If you begin as a slave you must battle it out for survival, work together with other slaves to take o n the gladiators in your way. Do well enough and you just might save yourself and land a job as a gladiator or even take on the highest ranked gladiators and rid the world of the evil and brutal form of entertainment.

IDEA 4 - Silly Ideas

Be a drunk
Strickly for over 18's this is the game for those who like to invite their mates round, have a good drink, watch films and play games.
The game uses a special peripheral breathalizer to analyse just how drunk you are. The aim of the game is to see who can get the drunkest.
The game puts human versus human, a number of mini games to compete against each other.
Some of the games are

Penalty shoot-out
Pub Quiz
Combat fighting

The game analyses how drunk you are compared to how well you do, the overall winner is the person who is the drunkest that performs the best. Not only do they get title of the best but all the other players must buy them a drink at the pub. A player is disqualified if they are sick, cheat or go over the drunk limit that they can no longer play.

IDEA 4 - Ghostbusters

Game based on the ideas from the film, you chose your character from the selection of 4 and battle it out with the supernatural beings from another dimension.
It would be a 3rd person view and your character would have various weapons and gadgets to battle the ghosts and capture them to stop them terrorising the people of the city.

The way the game would work is you would drive around in the van and the receptionist would radio with various ghost sitting which you would have to check out, after catching minor ghosts you are faced with larger more harder to catch ghosts and supernatural beings. From the likes of the Stay Puff marshmallow man to far more evil and tougher enemies out to cause as much harm as possible.
Wed 17/04/02 at 17:34
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Going to not spam up toopics with your SPAM please.
Wed 17/04/02 at 12:09
What a game!

I wish It had twenty missions.
Wed 17/04/02 at 12:07
CarlRaj wrote:
> Hello!
Wed 17/04/02 at 12:05
Hello!

I just love games. They are my favourites because:

1. I learn new things

Many games come up with some very new and intresting features. They show you how to have determination and complete the mission. There are games where you can also learn how to drive gadgets and other usefull vehicles.

2. Creativity

Most of the games have stunning graphics and sound system. However there are some which cannot be compared to those. But this depends on the engine the programmer uses and how he uses his skills.

3. programming

I feel that programming a game, is one of the hardest task inorder to create a game. The programmer has to be of very high and good quality skills for his game to be a hit.
I would so much like to be a programmer, but it's all in God's hands.

4. hard work

Hard work is very very essential. The game will take ages to complete if there is not enough hard work. If you work hard, you will have the determination to complete thhe game. Otherwise you will giveup and say that the game was boring.

5. Technology

Technology has to used wherever possible. Actually the whole computer world is one of technology.

5. team spirit

Team spirit is highly needed. If one programmer in the company doesn't do a task properly, the whole company might suffer.
It can happen that one programmer tries to do all of it alone, he might never succed.

This was all I had to say. Maybe you like it. Maybe you don't. However That is what I think should be there for a perfect game environment.
Thu 11/04/02 at 07:18
Regular
"Brrrrr."
I ate his liver with some farthing beans and a nice chianti, jlplplplp!
Tue 09/04/02 at 20:14
Regular
"Brrrrr."
How about a 'Hannibal' game that involves finding inoccent teenagers and eating them and selling their bone for a profit. You would then use that money to buy new weapons, cooking utensils and skinning equipment?

Here are some suggestions for level names:

I am having serious thoughts about eating your wife...
Feed fried brain to it's previous onwner.
Liver, farthing beans and a nice chianti.
Escape from a cage and eat the gaurd's face.
Make a suit from the freshly peeled skins of teenage girls.

Weapons would include:

Agent Starling's FBI issue revolver
Filleting knife
Teeth
Glass Shard
Elecric Chair Battery

Enimes Weapons would include:

Face mask
FBI issue revolver
Hair Pin
Penknife
Shotgun
Poisoned Flesh

Cheats would include:

Give_Infinate_Cash
Give_All_frying_pans
Attract_more_innocent _teenage_girls
Undo_stomach_ache_from_eating_too_many_eyeballs
Give_farthing_beans
Give_nice_chianti
Unlock_cell_door
Give_old_friend_for_dinner
Buy_delia_smith's_cannible_cookbook_volume_2

That would be such a COOL game!...
Tue 09/04/02 at 16:26
Regular
"95% organic"
The Ghostbusters idea is definitely a good one. I remember playing a Ghostbusters game on my Master System, it was actually pretty deep for an 8-bit title! You could drive round the city, catch ghosts, built up vehicles and weapons etc. Its clearly begging for a remake.

As for the A-Team... Fantastic. As long as you get locked in a garage with blowtorches, nails and plenty of timber!
Thu 07/03/02 at 22:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I replied to your topic in Prime.

I'm just here to bring this place some life.
Wed 06/03/02 at 14:40
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
A paint-ball game was released about three months ago. The fact that you haven't heard about it shows how unsuccessful the concept was. Who wants to shoot people with paint when they can shoot people with real (sort of) guns?
Wed 06/03/02 at 14:37
Regular
I think a Ghostbusters would be excellent. I can't believe no one has done it yet.
Driving around a city environment in the white van with your crew waiting for a report of supernatural activity.
Then locate the building and head in there with your team armed with extravagant ghostbusting equipment/gadgets.
It has all the necessary ingredients of a great game:
*the full-of-life innercity gameworld.
*the driving (like GTA3).
*the exploration on foot inside the building trying to locate the ghostly activity.
*the survival horror danger/fear factor.
Brilliant. Someone should make this game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.