GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pobodys Nerfect"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/11/02 at 16:52
Regular
Looking back in my short yet fruitful life in the forums, there is one thing I remember most of all. That is my days as a newbie, and how people lashed out because I used abbreviations in the forums. Now I, unlike many others, wasn’t disheartened by this and changed my ways, but people with less self-esteem or morale would simply quit. I am here today to convey a simple message, nobody is perfect.

Human error is a part of everyday life, mistakes are made all the time, thing are done accidentally or unwittingly and people forgive and forget. Not one person has ever lived without making a single mistake in their life, everyone does it. A person comes onto the forums who has never been here before and are shunned for bad grammar, bad punctuation or bad spelling. They assume it is a chatroom and they can abbreviate their posts and grammatical errors will be overlooked. I know I thought that when I signed up, and I am certain a lot of you did as well.

Mistakes are made all the time, some bigger than others. Whenever I do a long post I am sure there will be a spelling mistake or two in it but I personally am not bothered. I have read gameaday winners with bad spelling errors in them, this surely proves that content is more important than appearance. I have been picked up many a time for spelling something badly, but I post on the forums for fun, an entertaining way to wind down after a hard day, its not an English essay which has to be scrupulously re-read time and time again to ensure perfection.

I have seen spelling or punctuation errors by newbies, regulars, notables and even staffies! There is no statement in the “terms and conditions” that states you must use immaculate spelling and grammar when posting. I am a fast typer and when you are hitting 10 keys a second you are bound to make mistakes now and again. One of the funniest things I have witnessed in the forums in when someone criticizes someone for bad spelling, and jumble their own words in the process. Proof that even the eagle-eyed spelling guru’s can make mistakes.

I would like to ask all of you to loosen up a bit on spelling mistakes. The next time you see that someone has forgotten an apostrophe or added an extra letter, before you exclaim what an insolent n00b they are, think to yourself, “Does it really matter?” Spelling mistakes don’t ruin a post, people criticising them does. Perfect spelling doesn’t make a good read, mundane topics spelt correctly aren’t generally good to read. Originality and passion are what make a good post, not someone who has a dictionary next to their computer.

Remember, pobodys nerfect

Thanks for reading

-kyz²²-
Sat 30/11/02 at 11:10
Regular
"Spanish Hardcore"
Tommy Vercetti wrote:
> El Blokey wrote:
> I am infallible, much like God would be, if he existed.
>
> I really hate you!
>
> You're such a big headed W@nker!
>
> And you only come here for the games, as I can see.

HEY, whats going on here.
Sat 30/11/02 at 11:10
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Firstly you have no right to hate people without knowing them. It is a prejudgement and a form of discrimination.

Most people come here for the games, if you want to just talk then go to some chatrooms, I would be happy to supply you with some links.
Sat 30/11/02 at 01:20
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
El Blokey wrote:
> I am infallible, much like God would be, if he existed.
>
> And Bazz, it just goes to prove El Blokey's 1st Law of Message Boards:
> any one who makes a goodbye post will come back, no matter how big a
> melodrama they kick up, nor how whiny and moany they become.

Espacially J Savo
Fri 29/11/02 at 21:14
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Drunk Cow wrote:
> Very clever topic name!:0

Nope somebody has been watching The Simpsons.

By coincidence that episode was on today! (Although it was on later than the post was submitted)

Anyway on the topic matter I have complete respect for newbies, even I still make the occassional mistake, but cos i is not a newbie and iz a regular i get away with it.

I also frequently say "your stupid" or something like that instead of "you're"
Fri 29/11/02 at 21:04
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Yes, I'm perfect, now grovel at my feet...
Fri 29/11/02 at 20:44
Regular
"You've upset me"
"Pobodys Nerfect"

i'm aM!

;-D
Fri 29/11/02 at 20:41
Regular
jokonic
Fri 29/11/02 at 20:40
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I would suggest so, yes.
Fri 29/11/02 at 20:29
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Gerbil Man wrote:
> you got it wrong, its nobodys perfect.

I dearly hope that is intended to be sarcastic or ironic.
Fri 29/11/02 at 20:24
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Do you insist on petty fights?

He brought it upon himself. He doesn't need to reply though, he can just let it lie.

I however, am petty. So yes, I do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.