GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does PAL PS2 work abroad?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/03/02 at 18:24
Regular
Does anyone know if the PAL PS 2 work in the USA and abroad in general? if so is there any special equipment needed? and do US games work on the PAL machine? if not, how can they be made to work?
Mon 04/03/02 at 18:24
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Does anyone know if the PAL PS 2 work in the USA and abroad in general? if so is there any special equipment needed? and do US games work on the PAL machine? if not, how can they be made to work?
Mon 04/03/02 at 18:31
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
PAl PS2s work with PAL TVs, but if it's a foreign tv that's not PAL you're using, you'll need an NTSC scart cable.
Mon 04/03/02 at 18:57
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Don't foget the power adapter thingy, you don't want to blow up your PS2!

An RGB cable should work as long as the TV is PAL compatable (newer TVs). If you don't use RGB, you may get a b+w screen.

I think that anyway.
Mon 04/03/02 at 18:59
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I doubt it since we're always the last people to get games and consoles.
Mon 04/03/02 at 19:05
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Oh yes....sorry, I fogot that question.

No, unfortuntely, US games will not work on a UK console and vice versa.
Mon 04/03/02 at 21:45
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
AbsoluT Neo wrote:
> Does anyone know if the PAL PS 2 work in the USA and abroad in general? if so is
> there any special equipment needed? and do US games work on the PAL machine? if
> not, how can they be made to work?

No- it won't work in America, but it will in other PAL countries like Australia.

If you're moving out the the US perminantly, your best bet is just buying a new PS2 there- the games come out sonner, are cheaper, run faster (no big borders either)... you're laughing!

If you REALLY want to take your UK PS2, you'll need a power converter for the mains, and some cable that'll fit in a US TV... and a tv that'll play PAL signals... but I don't even know whether US TV makers bother to do this!

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.