GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Computer Games R better than School!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/03/02 at 17:41
Regular
I bet u a million squid that games do teach you more than what you learn at school. I hate school for that matter and the fact that we have togo every day to learn is pointless! I would rather stay at home playing on my PS2 than going to school for the whole day.
One thing I would love though is that my school should have PS2's instead of computers so that when it comes to having a ICT lesson I could just play on my favourite PS2 game for the whole lesson.
Just to finish off with my note that Computer games will in the future probably teach you just as much as you would learn at school. I bet loads agree with me!!!!
Tue 05/03/02 at 21:16
Regular
"Remember me?"
cooldogs said:
"I bet yur completely wrong and it was a waste of time you writing it!"

Weeeell, it wasn't really a waste of time writing it...'cos that's the point of the site; for people to convey their views on videogaming. But he IS wrong in saying that school is a waste of time. I won't bore him with the details, but I'll just say this one thing (which should DEFINATELY bring him round):

When you're older, and you don't have a job, how are you going to continue playing videogames if you don't have the money to:

a) pay for the games.
b) pay the electricity bill that allows you to play the games?

See? I'm not as stupid as I look. :)
Tue 05/03/02 at 20:57
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I speak for everyone in this Forum when I say, "Duh"
Tue 05/03/02 at 20:55
Regular
trigger finger your totaly right,I couldn't agree more
Tue 05/03/02 at 15:01
Trigger Finger wrote:
> I bet u a million squid that games do teach you more than what you learn at
> school.

I bet you £1million they dont!

I hate school

doesnt everybody?

for that matter and the fact that we have togo every day

togo? is that a new meal? or do you wear traditional roman outfits.

> to learn is pointless!

no it isnt

I would rather stay at home playing on my PS2 than going
> to school for the whole day.

um wouldn't we all?

One thing I would love though is that my school
> should have PS2's instead of computers

yeah and how are you going to type up yur coursework?

so that when it comes to having a ICT
> lesson I could just play on my favourite PS2 game for the whole lesson.

and that will teach you?

Just to
> finish off with my note that Computer games will in the future probably teach
> you just as much as you would learn at school.

um reread that will you. a game is for recreation, not for learning, look at what happens when you try to mix the two, by looking at the edutainment sections of computer games shops.

I bet loads agree with me!!!!

I bet yur completely wrong and it was a waste of time you writing it!
Tue 05/03/02 at 14:40
I got pay playing computer games, £45 a day for 4 times in a week that like £180 a week, but I quit because I wanted a real Job and plus it was'nt doing my health any good!
Tue 05/03/02 at 00:18
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
If you want to have a job/earn money/not live on the streets then you should goto school.
Mon 04/03/02 at 21:22
"slightlyshortertagl"
using the 'A,S,W,D' buttons in a Shoot'em up is better than using the arrow buttons because you get more control....

How many maths lessons did u hear that in?
Mon 04/03/02 at 21:16
Regular
So what can games teach you that..say an Maths class couldn't?
Mon 04/03/02 at 21:11
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
What a brilliant post. I never thought that computer games could be better than school. How this post changed my opinion on that.
I love you really ;-)
Mon 04/03/02 at 21:09
Regular
Here we have the only person in Britain who will make a carear(sp) out of flipping burgers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.