GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Intel to better AMD?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/03/02 at 14:46
Regular
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=1544

http://news.com.com/2100-1001-272255.html?legacy=cnet

Whatever inadequacies Intel have had in the past, I think I could be convinced to get ones of those when they come out. Does anyone have any news of AMD reacting to this? Essentially they're still Pentium 4s, so AMD don't have to work too hard do they?
Wed 06/03/02 at 11:46
Regular
What intel are doing is speading up there release schedule. Theve always had faster chips ready but have slow released them to make more money. Now AMD have become a concern they are jumping a few steps to regain there monopoly. Just hope AMD can keep up.
Wed 06/03/02 at 08:59
Regular
I think it just hasnt come out in england yet.

c.b.
Wed 06/03/02 at 00:57
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Cool. Is that a "You can't have XP64 because we're not letting you" or "You can't have XP64 because we can't be bothered" ?
Tue 05/03/02 at 19:11
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
On loads of hardware manufactures websites (such as Creative, etc), in the drivers section, there always seem to be drivers for Windows XP and then Xp 64-bit version.
As far as I know, you can't get it in this country.
Mon 04/03/02 at 23:39
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hmm. I've never seen that. How much is it, just as a matter of interest?
Mon 04/03/02 at 20:45
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
> What's the point in a 64bit CPU? For a start you'll need a 64bit operating
> system - Windows and Apple totally out of the question then and I don't think
> even Linux has great 64 bit support (although it does have some).

MMMMMMM How about windows xp 64 bit edition, i wonder if this is a 64 bit OS mmmm I WONDER!!!!

c.b.
Mon 04/03/02 at 19:46
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
What's the point in a 64bit CPU? For a start you'll need a 64bit operating system - Windows and Apple totally out of the question then and I don't think even Linux has great 64 bit support (although it does have some).
Mon 04/03/02 at 17:36
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
It won't be surprising if Intel builds faster CPUs, they've always been good competition, AMD will always have better value for money though, a litrtle bit of speed is hardly recognisable, anyway, overclocking is easier, so I can't see many people from this forums choosing the Intel chips.
Mon 04/03/02 at 17:02
i don't think AMD_man will be allowed to upgrade his mother board for a very very long time! :Dx
Mon 04/03/02 at 15:56
Regular
well AMD have the Clawhammer 64 bit (K8)cpu for the desktop computer coming out in the 4th quarter of this year i think this will outperform the Pentium 5 "prescott" cpu.

that mean i am gonna have to upgrade again and i will have to buy a new mobo as well DAMN!!!

c.b.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.