GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Camp Nintendo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/11/02 at 14:44
Regular
Many kids, every year, bagger off to camp. If they're athletic, they go to Sports camp, if Science is their thing, they'll most probably go to, well, Science camp, and if they play an instrument, they'll go to the immortal Band camp. Anyway, this year is different. Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are all set to start their own Summer camps, and to see just what they are doing, Howard "Microchips" (Me), Calum "AJ" and "Dark" Mark are off to the Nintendo, Sony and MS summer camps. First up: Ninty Camp.

Me: Hi, yes, today I go off to Ninty camp for six weeks, for, hopefully, an entirely new gaming experience. Being a Nintendo fan for the majority of my 15 years, I saw it fitting that I should go to Ninty Camp, and then I could really be a Nintendo fan through and through. The first thing I had to do was fill out an application form, consisting of questions such as: What is your favourite Nintendo Character? Why is this? What do you hope Nintendo achieve in the future? Of course, there were many more, and believe it or not, out of the 2, 000, 000 applicants, only 300 can go, and luckily for me, I was one of them! I received a pack through the door, giving me information on a few things I should know, what to take, how much money etc. It's quite affordable, if you were to save for a year, earning £5 a week; you'd still have enough. Anyway, enough waffle, I'm going to skip straight to the action.

When I arrived at Ninty Camp, one thing really amazed me. Yes, there were trees, but not like the ones outside. I couldn't put my finger on it, but something was definitely different. Perhaps the strange white and green spotted fruit, like an egg I suppose, hanging from the branches gave me an edge about the place, but for now, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, as our coach pulled up to the main building, I quickly realised we were the first there. "Oh good, we get choice of beds!" I thought, which would be good. The last thing you want would be sleeping in an uncomfortable bed for six weeks.

I clambered off and walked up to the main desk, flashing my "Ninty Camp member" security pass hanging from my neck, giving me a sense of pride. "Name please" said the woman at the desk, bearing a strange resemblance to Princess peach. "Howard, er, How." "Ah yes, How. You're in Dorm Hyrule. "Dorm Hyrule?" I thought. That's a strange coincidence, considering that I chose Link as my favourite character. The woman, who I knew as "Peach" gave me a new Security pass, in exchange for my old one, which I put around my neck. It read "Hyrule Dorm". "Cool" I realised "At least it's better than Mushroom Dorm!" I said, as I walked off to my dorm Chuckling. I swiped my new pass through the slot, and opened the door. I stood back amazed. The whole room looked like, well, the Kokiri Forest! It was amazing! I stepped outside again, at studied the building. It was somewhat small, and as I walked in again, it became a massive forest! "Cool, just like a Pokeball!" I remembered, and with that I climbed the stairs to my treehouse. It was a round room, relatively small, but big enough to feel relaxed and comfortable inside.

I chucked down my stuff, and looked at my watch. As I did, I felt a strange tingling. Right in front of me, my watch morphed into an arm band, one on each arm, and my clothes! "Whoa! Heh, I take it this is the Link look, eh?" I thought to myself, as I studied my recently morphed green tunic and Leather boots. When I looked in the mirror, I almost fell over! I had pointy ears, blonde hair and a green cap! And what was this? I had an earring in my ear! "Wow! I'm a real life Hyrulian!" Although I didn't look at all like Link, it was quite weird seeing myself standing there with pointy ears.

I went and looked in my bag. All my stuff was gone! In its place were a few items. Some bottles, a hookshot, a shield, and, WOW! My own sword! "Heh, can't stop me having one now, eh Mum?" I smirked, and waved it about in the air, in a somewhat puzzling natural fashion. It's like I had had it all my life. I thought nothing of it, so I slung my Wooden shield (Which turned out later to be a Deku shield) on my back, put the sword in it's holder on my waist and headed outside. Everyone else had arrived in the Hyrule Dorm, and were all standing on their respective Treehouse. I noticed a boy over the other side of the forest, who had a green tinge to his skin. He looked somewhat like a Kokiri, but he still had Human elements that reminded me he was actually a boy.

After we had all settled into our new surroundings, a man called us all down from our trees and we assembled down in the middle of the forest.

"Firstly, I'd like to welcome you to camp Nintendo. Now, if you'll remember that questionnaire we sent you, you may realise that you are now your favourite Nintendo Character."

Sure enough, as I looked around the room, everyone looked like they were straight out of OOT. There was Saria "Hellooooo!" I thought, smirking at the whole situation, Milo had his nose turned up at the sky in a rebellious fashion and the poor person who said they liked the deku tree now had roots and branches. The man went to speak again.

"Now, it's no good being a character if you can't live like the Character. For the rest of your lives, you will become your favourite character. Any questions?"

"Yes. You mean, we never have to go home?" I asked, excited at the prospect of staying here forever.

"If you want to go home, we can arrange it, but by the end of today, you'll want to stay. Trust me."

"Alright!" I thought. Then I realised something. I had chosen Link as my favourite character, which ultimately meant, I GET TO GO ON ADVENTURES! Yeah!

"I will be leaving you now. This is the last time you will see someone that doesn't appear in a Zelda game. Remember the door that you came in through? That now leads out to Hyrule Field. Before I go, I'd like to have a word with How, er, Link."

Everyone retreated back to their Treehouses, cheerfully talking about their new lives to the rest of the Kokri's, who I now realised, were all Green.

"How, you chose Link. This means that whatever Adventures Link had and will have in the future, you will go on them too. Are you OK with this?"

"Am I! This is the best thing that has ever happened to me!"

"Oh great. Well, I had best be off now. I have to tend to the people who chose to be Goomba's. Seems they're not too happy."

"Understandable."

"How, good luck."

"Thanks."

And with that, he left through a beam of light. That reminded me. I had better go and talk to the Deku tree. As I walked off in its direction; everyone was cheerfully singing, gardening, and conversing about their new situations. I couldn't help feeling different, but after all, I was a Hyrulian, so it was understandable. I finally approached the Deku tree, and the once boy turned tree spoke to me.

"How, er, Link. You should already know this, but I'll tell you anyway. A great Danger is spreading through Hyrule. Ganondorf is…"

As he told me the story, I couldn't help thinking I had been here before, it was like a Deja Vú, but…different. I knew what I had to do, and I was ready to go off on my adventure, but something bugged me.

"Hang on a minute." I said. "Who chose to be Ganondorf?" I asked.

"J Savo."

"NOOO!"

Thanks for reading.

Microchips.

Sony Camp next week!
Sat 30/11/02 at 14:44
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Many kids, every year, bagger off to camp. If they're athletic, they go to Sports camp, if Science is their thing, they'll most probably go to, well, Science camp, and if they play an instrument, they'll go to the immortal Band camp. Anyway, this year is different. Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are all set to start their own Summer camps, and to see just what they are doing, Howard "Microchips" (Me), Calum "AJ" and "Dark" Mark are off to the Nintendo, Sony and MS summer camps. First up: Ninty Camp.

Me: Hi, yes, today I go off to Ninty camp for six weeks, for, hopefully, an entirely new gaming experience. Being a Nintendo fan for the majority of my 15 years, I saw it fitting that I should go to Ninty Camp, and then I could really be a Nintendo fan through and through. The first thing I had to do was fill out an application form, consisting of questions such as: What is your favourite Nintendo Character? Why is this? What do you hope Nintendo achieve in the future? Of course, there were many more, and believe it or not, out of the 2, 000, 000 applicants, only 300 can go, and luckily for me, I was one of them! I received a pack through the door, giving me information on a few things I should know, what to take, how much money etc. It's quite affordable, if you were to save for a year, earning £5 a week; you'd still have enough. Anyway, enough waffle, I'm going to skip straight to the action.

When I arrived at Ninty Camp, one thing really amazed me. Yes, there were trees, but not like the ones outside. I couldn't put my finger on it, but something was definitely different. Perhaps the strange white and green spotted fruit, like an egg I suppose, hanging from the branches gave me an edge about the place, but for now, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, as our coach pulled up to the main building, I quickly realised we were the first there. "Oh good, we get choice of beds!" I thought, which would be good. The last thing you want would be sleeping in an uncomfortable bed for six weeks.

I clambered off and walked up to the main desk, flashing my "Ninty Camp member" security pass hanging from my neck, giving me a sense of pride. "Name please" said the woman at the desk, bearing a strange resemblance to Princess peach. "Howard, er, How." "Ah yes, How. You're in Dorm Hyrule. "Dorm Hyrule?" I thought. That's a strange coincidence, considering that I chose Link as my favourite character. The woman, who I knew as "Peach" gave me a new Security pass, in exchange for my old one, which I put around my neck. It read "Hyrule Dorm". "Cool" I realised "At least it's better than Mushroom Dorm!" I said, as I walked off to my dorm Chuckling. I swiped my new pass through the slot, and opened the door. I stood back amazed. The whole room looked like, well, the Kokiri Forest! It was amazing! I stepped outside again, at studied the building. It was somewhat small, and as I walked in again, it became a massive forest! "Cool, just like a Pokeball!" I remembered, and with that I climbed the stairs to my treehouse. It was a round room, relatively small, but big enough to feel relaxed and comfortable inside.

I chucked down my stuff, and looked at my watch. As I did, I felt a strange tingling. Right in front of me, my watch morphed into an arm band, one on each arm, and my clothes! "Whoa! Heh, I take it this is the Link look, eh?" I thought to myself, as I studied my recently morphed green tunic and Leather boots. When I looked in the mirror, I almost fell over! I had pointy ears, blonde hair and a green cap! And what was this? I had an earring in my ear! "Wow! I'm a real life Hyrulian!" Although I didn't look at all like Link, it was quite weird seeing myself standing there with pointy ears.

I went and looked in my bag. All my stuff was gone! In its place were a few items. Some bottles, a hookshot, a shield, and, WOW! My own sword! "Heh, can't stop me having one now, eh Mum?" I smirked, and waved it about in the air, in a somewhat puzzling natural fashion. It's like I had had it all my life. I thought nothing of it, so I slung my Wooden shield (Which turned out later to be a Deku shield) on my back, put the sword in it's holder on my waist and headed outside. Everyone else had arrived in the Hyrule Dorm, and were all standing on their respective Treehouse. I noticed a boy over the other side of the forest, who had a green tinge to his skin. He looked somewhat like a Kokiri, but he still had Human elements that reminded me he was actually a boy.

After we had all settled into our new surroundings, a man called us all down from our trees and we assembled down in the middle of the forest.

"Firstly, I'd like to welcome you to camp Nintendo. Now, if you'll remember that questionnaire we sent you, you may realise that you are now your favourite Nintendo Character."

Sure enough, as I looked around the room, everyone looked like they were straight out of OOT. There was Saria "Hellooooo!" I thought, smirking at the whole situation, Milo had his nose turned up at the sky in a rebellious fashion and the poor person who said they liked the deku tree now had roots and branches. The man went to speak again.

"Now, it's no good being a character if you can't live like the Character. For the rest of your lives, you will become your favourite character. Any questions?"

"Yes. You mean, we never have to go home?" I asked, excited at the prospect of staying here forever.

"If you want to go home, we can arrange it, but by the end of today, you'll want to stay. Trust me."

"Alright!" I thought. Then I realised something. I had chosen Link as my favourite character, which ultimately meant, I GET TO GO ON ADVENTURES! Yeah!

"I will be leaving you now. This is the last time you will see someone that doesn't appear in a Zelda game. Remember the door that you came in through? That now leads out to Hyrule Field. Before I go, I'd like to have a word with How, er, Link."

Everyone retreated back to their Treehouses, cheerfully talking about their new lives to the rest of the Kokri's, who I now realised, were all Green.

"How, you chose Link. This means that whatever Adventures Link had and will have in the future, you will go on them too. Are you OK with this?"

"Am I! This is the best thing that has ever happened to me!"

"Oh great. Well, I had best be off now. I have to tend to the people who chose to be Goomba's. Seems they're not too happy."

"Understandable."

"How, good luck."

"Thanks."

And with that, he left through a beam of light. That reminded me. I had better go and talk to the Deku tree. As I walked off in its direction; everyone was cheerfully singing, gardening, and conversing about their new situations. I couldn't help feeling different, but after all, I was a Hyrulian, so it was understandable. I finally approached the Deku tree, and the once boy turned tree spoke to me.

"How, er, Link. You should already know this, but I'll tell you anyway. A great Danger is spreading through Hyrule. Ganondorf is…"

As he told me the story, I couldn't help thinking I had been here before, it was like a Deja Vú, but…different. I knew what I had to do, and I was ready to go off on my adventure, but something bugged me.

"Hang on a minute." I said. "Who chose to be Ganondorf?" I asked.

"J Savo."

"NOOO!"

Thanks for reading.

Microchips.

Sony Camp next week!
Sat 30/11/02 at 14:51
Regular
Stop writing things.

Just stop it.

It's only amplifying my laziness.
Sat 30/11/02 at 15:00
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Lol. Now you see how much typing I do when I do THREE spoofs in one week!

:D
Sat 30/11/02 at 15:02
Regular
Pish.

I've been writing this for just under two weeks, I've done the whole introduction

oh yes
Sat 30/11/02 at 15:07
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Lol! Two weeks! I did that once, I got bored from typing, but was glad when I finished though.

:)
Sat 30/11/02 at 15:13
Regular
I'll do you a deal.

If this wins, I'll have the GAD, and you can have my fantastic spoof.

Now how does that sound?
Sat 30/11/02 at 15:15
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Quoting you:

"Pish"

I think that answers it.....

Sat 30/11/02 at 15:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
:)
Sat 30/11/02 at 15:20
Regular
Bah *shakes fist*

Just you wait until I post it and win :D
Sat 30/11/02 at 15:35
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Just you wait until I post it and win :D

Will he win? Place you bet's........NOW!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.