GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Gaming CD"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/11/02 at 15:15
Regular
Some music off games is really really cool. And there is probably some way of doing this anyway, but I don't know how. So, here is the track list of the music from games that I would like to have on my CD......

1. Guerilla Radio - (RATM) - THPS2

I have this anyway, but this would be a quality opener. Brilliant opening guitars, and the epitomy of Rages quality mix (for me anyway) of excellent music and thought provoking lyrics. Plus it gets ya adrenalin pumping, which can only be a good thing.

2. Gerudo Theme - Zelda: OOT

Probably my favourite in game theme this. The brilliant guitar playing in Gerudo valley and Gerudo fortress is perfect - bright, perfectly suited to the situation, and above all, just, nice. It suited the situation so well I quite often just stopped and looked around, listening to it. Plus I like it by itself too!

3. Canyon Chase - C&C

Only about 40 seconds long, this cool electronical track was really well suited to C&Cs dark and dreary atmosphere - Only beaten by Ride Of The Valkiryes for Orca attacks!

4. Opening - Suoer Monkey Ball

I think Cookie Monster shall agree with me here. Oddly cool this, and it gets you in the mood, for, er, playing the excellent game. Plus the monkeys look really funny to it. Not sure why.........

5. Noki Bay - Super Mario Sunshine

This is perfect. The level itself is huge and very beautiful, with loads of lovely views to climb and see, and the music is very relaxing, perfectly suited to it, and for just listening to - its lovely.

6. Delfino Island - SMS

Probably because this is what I most remembered from the preview vids of Mario, this lovely jolly little acordion/guitar tune is again, perefectly suited to the level, and just to listen to as well.

7. Battle Music - Shogun: Total War

Hugely atmospheric, and very well done. An excellent piece of music - if only it had been extended a little, into a rather more full track, it would be even better.

8. Star Wars: Galactic Battlgrounds

I know most of the Star Wars music is good, but this is the only one I have played with that brilliant Episode 1 theme - the ever faster music, followed by that opera. Unfortunatly, the singing is missing, but the build up is still hugely exciting and lovely to listen to.

9. Jet Force Gemini - Mine Music

In certain places, this lovely, but quite eerie music played - on the Water Ruins, and in the Mine for example. Featuring some odd bell tyoe noises, it was perfectly calm, but oddly unsettling - excellent stuff.

10. GTA1/3: That 'Guitar Music'

Very cheesy, but 'that gitar tune' that featured, as far as I can tell, in both, is really cool, in a driving down the road in a convertibe sense.
You know what I mean.

11. Main theme - Body Harvest

Very atmoshperic, it always echoes in the background, creating a hugely unsettling atmosphere, which is also proably very cool to listen to by itself - very well made.

12. Kokiri Forest - Zelda: OOT

Jumpy, happy tune. Calms you down. Listen to occasionaly, not all the time though. :)

13. Red Alert - March of Doom - or whatever it was called.

The opening sequance of Red Alert would not be as astounding as it is without that music. Utterly brilliant - aggressive, powerful and very very cool.

14. Jet Force Gemini - The Big Bug music.

I can't remember the level, but this eerie music, that built and then faded was perfect. It was on that level where you go inside a giant creature. It was so atmospheric it was unbeleiveable.

15. Goldeneye - Ending Music.

To finish off, tihs cool electronical stuff. Good music. Shame about the endless snog at the end.

-----

Odd choices? What are yours?
Sat 30/11/02 at 15:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Some music off games is really really cool. And there is probably some way of doing this anyway, but I don't know how. So, here is the track list of the music from games that I would like to have on my CD......

1. Guerilla Radio - (RATM) - THPS2

I have this anyway, but this would be a quality opener. Brilliant opening guitars, and the epitomy of Rages quality mix (for me anyway) of excellent music and thought provoking lyrics. Plus it gets ya adrenalin pumping, which can only be a good thing.

2. Gerudo Theme - Zelda: OOT

Probably my favourite in game theme this. The brilliant guitar playing in Gerudo valley and Gerudo fortress is perfect - bright, perfectly suited to the situation, and above all, just, nice. It suited the situation so well I quite often just stopped and looked around, listening to it. Plus I like it by itself too!

3. Canyon Chase - C&C

Only about 40 seconds long, this cool electronical track was really well suited to C&Cs dark and dreary atmosphere - Only beaten by Ride Of The Valkiryes for Orca attacks!

4. Opening - Suoer Monkey Ball

I think Cookie Monster shall agree with me here. Oddly cool this, and it gets you in the mood, for, er, playing the excellent game. Plus the monkeys look really funny to it. Not sure why.........

5. Noki Bay - Super Mario Sunshine

This is perfect. The level itself is huge and very beautiful, with loads of lovely views to climb and see, and the music is very relaxing, perfectly suited to it, and for just listening to - its lovely.

6. Delfino Island - SMS

Probably because this is what I most remembered from the preview vids of Mario, this lovely jolly little acordion/guitar tune is again, perefectly suited to the level, and just to listen to as well.

7. Battle Music - Shogun: Total War

Hugely atmospheric, and very well done. An excellent piece of music - if only it had been extended a little, into a rather more full track, it would be even better.

8. Star Wars: Galactic Battlgrounds

I know most of the Star Wars music is good, but this is the only one I have played with that brilliant Episode 1 theme - the ever faster music, followed by that opera. Unfortunatly, the singing is missing, but the build up is still hugely exciting and lovely to listen to.

9. Jet Force Gemini - Mine Music

In certain places, this lovely, but quite eerie music played - on the Water Ruins, and in the Mine for example. Featuring some odd bell tyoe noises, it was perfectly calm, but oddly unsettling - excellent stuff.

10. GTA1/3: That 'Guitar Music'

Very cheesy, but 'that gitar tune' that featured, as far as I can tell, in both, is really cool, in a driving down the road in a convertibe sense.
You know what I mean.

11. Main theme - Body Harvest

Very atmoshperic, it always echoes in the background, creating a hugely unsettling atmosphere, which is also proably very cool to listen to by itself - very well made.

12. Kokiri Forest - Zelda: OOT

Jumpy, happy tune. Calms you down. Listen to occasionaly, not all the time though. :)

13. Red Alert - March of Doom - or whatever it was called.

The opening sequance of Red Alert would not be as astounding as it is without that music. Utterly brilliant - aggressive, powerful and very very cool.

14. Jet Force Gemini - The Big Bug music.

I can't remember the level, but this eerie music, that built and then faded was perfect. It was on that level where you go inside a giant creature. It was so atmospheric it was unbeleiveable.

15. Goldeneye - Ending Music.

To finish off, tihs cool electronical stuff. Good music. Shame about the endless snog at the end.

-----

Odd choices? What are yours?
Sat 30/11/02 at 16:31
Regular
Wheat about ROck n Roll racing? BEST. SOUNDTRACK. EVER
Sat 30/11/02 at 16:45
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
The Zelda games have some top class music, the Zelda lullaby was very peaceful.

The themes from F-Zero X were excellent though, perfectly suited to racing at 700mph!
Sat 30/11/02 at 16:56
Regular
I like Bump to the Music from Lips 106 and quite a few songs from Head Radio on GTA3. The Ocarina tunes from OOT and even some tunes from Super Monkey Ball are also very nice :D
Sat 30/11/02 at 19:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Never played Rock'n'Roll racing.
Sat 30/11/02 at 19:08
Regular
Think of "Bad to the bone, na na na na na Bad to the Bone" style music
Sat 30/11/02 at 19:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Cool.

That would be on 'Gaming CD - Reset'

Or something.
Sat 30/11/02 at 21:17
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Crazy Taxi - All i want (Offspring)
Sat 30/11/02 at 21:22
Regular
umm...I couldn't be bothered to do one, but one of them would be that Bad Religion song from Crazy Taxi.

Not 10 in 2010, the other one.

I do actually have it, but I can't find the CD.
Sat 30/11/02 at 21:35
"+ suspicious minds"
pretty much all the tunes in SSBM. Both the F-0 tunes rocked!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.