GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamers From Hell!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/03/02 at 09:23
Regular
Some of us are lucky, we go through our life in gaming without ever experiencing those other gamers that will do anything in their power to win, sink to new levels of dastardliness to get that point. Those that have played with then know them to be....

Gamers from Hell!!!

These nasty, foul beings have a number of tactics to help them on their way to an ill-earned victory such as:

1) The tactical 'pause'

A procedure simple in it's delivery, but timing comes with practice. It's a case of just hitting the 'pause' button at the right time to put off your opponent. In a football game, for instance, just as he's run through your defenders, hit the pause button before he can shoot. Release the button whilst he's not concentrating, and he won't get his shot in before your keeper dives on the ball. Devious, very devious.

Another use for this measure is in the FPS genre. Again press the pause button if he has you in his sights. Release the button and hold hard left or right to aviod getting shot.

2) Withholding information

This only works if you're playing a game that you don't know that the gamer from Hell is familiar with. In a racing game you find that whenever you get in front of him, he'll get a sudden surge of speed, and be back in the lead. Why? Well he hasn't told you about the 'nitro boost' feature.

This also works in beat em up's. Not revealing special moves is fine, you're expected to work these out yourself, but not telling you simple commands like run or block that could make the difference in a tactic often used by these nasty gamers from Hell.

3) No mercy

I'm not one to take an unfair advantage, gamers from Hell, however, thrive on them. They'll learn the places where you reappear after death in an FPS, and wait there for you to start again with no weapons, or a poor weapon, and blow you away with their all powerfull rocket launcher. They'll abuse a flaw in the goalkeeper's AI and chip the keeper from 50 yards again, and again, and again, even though there's nothing you can do to stop this. They'll keep using the 'sweep' manouvre whenever your characer gets up, and they'll find themselves back on their backs, even though you can't block until you're fully standing.

Usins such measures is acceptable for amusement in a small number of contests, but if you do it every time then you must surely be a gamer from Hell.

4) Online cheats

A different kind of gamer from Hell, the anonymous kind that could well be ruining online gaming for people the world over.

In FPS games they're using invincibility cheats, weapons cheats, invisibilty cheats even, so you can't possibly beat them, but still, they get some kind of sick pleasure from this.

Online RPG's are a haven for gamers from Hell. They're be very friendly, ask you to accompany them on a quest, only to run when faced with adversary, and steal all you gold pieces when you lay defeated, merrily stoking their matted beards with a perverse sense of joy.

These aren't the only types of gamers from Hell, oh no, there are many other kinds, but there's one further kind I'd like to present to you. The co-op cretins:

Sometimes you'll find that gamers from Hell are disguised as non-gamers. You'll try to get them involved, let them have a pad, and join in a co-op mission with you. You'll soon realise that you've teamed up with a gamer from Hell when they immediately shoot you in the back of the head and ask "So what did that button just do?"

Splitting upfrom this hell-gamer is never a good tactic, especially in areas of darkness, as as soon as you wander into view a hail of bullets will come your way. Thank good ness for games that allow you to turn off co-op damage.

Co-op in sports games can be incredibly frustrating, though gamers from Hell seem to enjoy this. They'll pass back to the keeper from the half way line, putting the other teams star striker in with a shot at goal, they'll push over a defender as you're about to score and give away a free kick. They'll get your players sent off, they'll miss from 5 yards, they'll cross to close to the keeper.

You're only playing on the same team as them because they're the No Mercy types of gamer from Hell, and you know that playing against them will be pointless as they'll just score cheap goals. Can't do it when they're on your side though, can they?

Gamers from Hell are best avoided. Don't accept their challenges, don't take up their offer fo help. If you do you'll find yourself in gaming Hell for sure!
Tue 05/03/02 at 00:07
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
damn you meka and your GAD winning abilities
Mon 04/03/02 at 21:26
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Some of us are lucky, we go through our life in gaming without ever experiencing
> those other gamers that will do anything in their power to win, sink to new
> levels of dastardliness to get that point. Those that have played with then know
> them to be....

Gamers from Hell!!!

These nasty, foul beings have a number
> of tactics to help them on their way to an ill-earned victory such as:

1) The
> tactical 'pause'

A procedure simple in it's delivery, but timing comes with
> practice. It's a case of just hitting the 'pause' button at the right time to
> put off your opponent. In a football game, for instance, just as he's run
> through your defenders, hit the pause button before he can shoot. Release the
> button whilst he's not concentrating, and he won't get his shot in before your
> keeper dives on the ball. Devious, very devious.

Another use for this measure
> is in the FPS genre. Again press the pause button if he has you in his sights.
> Release the button and hold hard left or right to aviod getting shot.

2)
> Withholding information

This only works if you're playing a game that you
> don't know that the gamer from Hell is familiar with. In a racing game you find
> that whenever you get in front of him, he'll get a sudden surge of speed, and be
> back in the lead. Why? Well he hasn't told you about the 'nitro boost'
> feature.

This also works in beat em up's. Not revealing special moves is
> fine, you're expected to work these out yourself, but not telling you simple
> commands like run or block that could make the difference in a tactic often used
> by these nasty gamers from Hell.

3) No mercy

I'm not one to take an unfair
> advantage, gamers from Hell, however, thrive on them. They'll learn the places
> where you reappear after death in an FPS, and wait there for you to start again
> with no weapons, or a poor weapon, and blow you away with their all powerfull
> rocket launcher. They'll abuse a flaw in the goalkeeper's AI and chip the keeper
> from 50 yards again, and again, and again, even though there's nothing you can
> do to stop this. They'll keep using the 'sweep' manouvre whenever your characer
> gets up, and they'll find themselves back on their backs, even though you can't
> block until you're fully standing.

Usins such measures is acceptable for
> amusement in a small number of contests, but if you do it every time then you
> must surely be a gamer from Hell.

4) Online cheats

A different kind of
> gamer from Hell, the anonymous kind that could well be ruining online gaming for
> people the world over.

In FPS games they're using invincibility cheats,
> weapons cheats, invisibilty cheats even, so you can't possibly beat them, but
> still, they get some kind of sick pleasure from this.

Online RPG's are a
> haven for gamers from Hell. They're be very friendly, ask you to accompany them
> on a quest, only to run when faced with adversary, and steal all you gold pieces
> when you lay defeated, merrily stoking their matted beards with a perverse sense
> of joy.

These aren't the only types of gamers from Hell, oh no, there are
> many other kinds, but there's one further kind I'd like to present to you. The
> co-op cretins:

Sometimes you'll find that gamers from Hell are disguised as
> non-gamers. You'll try to get them involved, let them have a pad, and join in a
> co-op mission with you. You'll soon realise that you've teamed up with a gamer
> from Hell when they immediately shoot you in the back of the head and ask
> "So what did that button just do?"

Splitting upfrom this hell-gamer
> is never a good tactic, especially in areas of darkness, as as soon as you
> wander into view a hail of bullets will come your way. Thank good ness for games
> that allow you to turn off co-op damage.

Co-op in sports games can be
> incredibly frustrating, though gamers from Hell seem to enjoy this. They'll pass
> back to the keeper from the half way line, putting the other teams star striker
> in with a shot at goal, they'll push over a defender as you're about to score
> and give away a free kick. They'll get your players sent off, they'll miss from
> 5 yards, they'll cross to close to the keeper.

You're only playing on the
> same team as them because they're the No Mercy types of gamer from Hell, and you
> know that playing against them will be pointless as they'll just score cheap
> goals. Can't do it when they're on your side though, can they?

Gamers from
> Hell are best avoided. Don't accept their challenges, don't take up their offer

> fo help. If you do you'll find yourself in gaming Hell for sure!

so true - pure genius writing!
Mon 04/03/02 at 21:00
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Nah, me and my cousins tend to insult eachother as we play. Quite funny when we were on the same team in Pro Evo. Everytime someone gave the ball away they were ripped into and verbally abused. When one of us scored he was quickly reminded of the work done by another to get him such an easy shot.

Funny thing was, we were really insulting eachother and still finishing with 5-0 wins. ;-))
Mon 04/03/02 at 17:11
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
The tactical pause works with me when I play rubbish people in Mario Kart.
Mon 04/03/02 at 14:02
Regular
"I confused?"
I think that the tactical nudge is a decent ploy.
Mon 04/03/02 at 14:01
Damn them all! Go Back to hell, you are not pure game player die die die die die!

(Oh no what Have I done) *Run*
Mon 04/03/02 at 13:48
Regular
"I WON"
TYPICAL!!!!
Mon 04/03/02 at 13:46
Regular
"not dead"
Heh! You wait 4 hours for a reply then 4 come along in 7 minutes.

Typical! (Or is that buses? (buses from Hell, no less)).
Mon 04/03/02 at 13:44
damm gamers form hell i just hate them
Mon 04/03/02 at 13:44
Regular
"I WON"
i think i'm one of them...

i am the type who does the pause thingy..

it worked SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo well in Mario Party in that mini game where you jump for platform to platform and they all have a pretty chequered pattern on them.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.