GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bit of a rant..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/03/02 at 21:57
Regular
Well, Hmmmm. Nice goal by Veron today, but it looks as though Arsenal are in the Premiership driving seat now. one point behind with a game in hand.

Van Nistelrooy needs a rest. Andy Cole needs 5 chances? Van Nistelrooy must have had more than 6 attempts today.

Forlan looks like a Joke. Has he actually had a shot on target since he came to United? Had a grwat chance to score against Nantes the other night, got around the keeper and hit it wide of an open net...

Why Wasnt Keane playing today? He didnt travel at all. I missed all the pre-match stuff. Was he injured?

What is Barthez up to? We really need to get rid of this fool. He is a liability. Look what Liverpool did with Westerveld. One mistake against Bolton and he didnt get another game.

I was thinking we, Man Utd, would run away with it this season. But Arsenal are pulling out result after result. The game against Arsenal at Old trafford next month will be Very very important.
Sun 03/03/02 at 21:57
Regular
Well, Hmmmm. Nice goal by Veron today, but it looks as though Arsenal are in the Premiership driving seat now. one point behind with a game in hand.

Van Nistelrooy needs a rest. Andy Cole needs 5 chances? Van Nistelrooy must have had more than 6 attempts today.

Forlan looks like a Joke. Has he actually had a shot on target since he came to United? Had a grwat chance to score against Nantes the other night, got around the keeper and hit it wide of an open net...

Why Wasnt Keane playing today? He didnt travel at all. I missed all the pre-match stuff. Was he injured?

What is Barthez up to? We really need to get rid of this fool. He is a liability. Look what Liverpool did with Westerveld. One mistake against Bolton and he didnt get another game.

I was thinking we, Man Utd, would run away with it this season. But Arsenal are pulling out result after result. The game against Arsenal at Old trafford next month will be Very very important.
Sun 03/03/02 at 22:09
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yep, personally, I think Man Utd lack the striking force. When Owen was rested on saturday Liverpool still had Heskey, Anelka and Litmanen, two of which scored their goals.

If Utd rest Nistelrooy, who do they play instead? I don't believe Solskjaer is really that talented (good finisher though), but they'd have to play him and...Yorke?

Leeds are out of it now me thinks, and as well as the game between Arsenal and Utd next month being very important, Liverpool-Newcastle on wednesday is also a massive match. If Newcastle lose then they could be out of it, and the same goes for Liverpool although they're a couple of points ahead.

I don't think Newcastle can win the Premiership. I support Liverpool so I of course I'm confident in their ability and I think they're just about good enough, but I'd still be a little surprised if they won. I always thought Man Utd were my most hated team, but (I never imagined I'd say this), if Liverpool don't win it, then I want Man Utd.

I detest Arsenal. Not sure why, although I don't like some of their players, especially Vieira. He reminds me of Bowyer, another player I hate. Punk.
Sun 03/03/02 at 22:12
Regular
why are you worrying about one bad result.

yes forlan was poor, yes van nistelrooy had a bad game and yes keane should have been playing.

but look on the bright side, the result could have been a lot worse (im talking about the last minute incident with barthez and christie) i also noticed that derby had a decent penalty shout when barthez clattered into christie.

but at the end of the season im sure man united will come out on top as usual. its not as if you have no cover for barthez. i saw roy carrol a while back playing against lille and he looked like a promising future prospect.

just think of the poor leicester fans right now and i think it may make you feel a whole lot better
Sun 03/03/02 at 22:18
Regular
Yep, I hate Arsenal more than I hate Liverpool as well.

Probably becasue they are a dirty team (the stats dont lie!)

Ye, Leeds Seasons looks to be over. They are out of all the cups and are lying very low in the premiership considering how much they have spent. Will they be able to survive financially if they dont qualify for the Champs league? They might have to sell some players...but there again, who wants any dirty dirty Leeds players eh?
Sun 03/03/02 at 22:22
Regular
After winning the Premiership 3 seasons running it would hurt so bad not to win it. Especially to Arsenal/Liverpool.

Seeing Arsenal and Liverpool win yesterday also contributed to me ranting about todays game.

Yes, things could be worse, we have come from a precarious positon in the table to topping it in just a few months. But every non-win feels bitter after tasting so much success.
Sun 03/03/02 at 22:23
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Rest Van? I dont see how they can, other than him all they have is Ole and Forlan, who as you say does look a little out of his depth, hes only played a couple of minutes though hasnt he, maybe he needs a full 45 to get going. But maybe this lack of forwards is Fergies fault, you still have Yorke right? He is a class player who has proved he can score but with his bitter rift with Fergie he never gets a game. I think Yorke is going to have to leave as he will not get a game there.

Anyway, i have a little rant too, proffesional footballers, you would think that they could adapt to play the same way at home and away, and vica versa wouldnt you? Well, it seems in some cases not. Most will know im a Sheff Wed fan, and most will know about the situation that we are in, not good.

Sheff Wed have a pritty rich past with quite a few trophys, and the fans, which are brillaint and always turn out in there numbers have quite a high expectancy, and it seems that this is too much for our current crop of players to handle.

I have a season ticket this year, and at home, while we dont play all that bad, we loose rather too easy, either we conceede and early goal or sit back after scoring early and loose the game. With a home crowd the team seem to bottle it and never really perform to a good standard that they are capable of, as they are a good team, and should be no where near the bottom.

Anyway, the point of my post is that it seems that we crack under the expectation of out own fans, as away, we play far better. I travelled to Bradford yesterday which we won 2-0, and put a far better performance in than we ever do at home, and this game was a derby! Granted they are a very young side, but they really need to learn how to handle the pressure.

Oh, and our new signing from a few weeks ago, Shefki Kuqi is the player that will keep us up this season, i have to admit, Yorath knows which players to sign with the likes of the excellent Broomes too.....but this has gone off subject...you lot are glory prem supporters! :D
Sun 03/03/02 at 22:24
Regular
"I like cheese"
Or†ega wrote:
> Yep, I hate Arsenal more than I hate Liverpool as well.

Probably becasue they
> are a dirty team (the stats dont lie!)

Yeah, that's probably the reason I hate them. So many sendings off, and they blame it on a narrow pitch. Well, 6 other teams have smaller pitches than them.
Sun 03/03/02 at 22:32
Regular
Pro Evo wrote:
I think Yorke is going to have to leave as he will not get
> a game there.

Yorke is an idiot.

He had the chance to leave a month ago, Boro offered him a contract but he rejected. He thought he would just stay at United becasue Fergie would be leaving at the end of the season and he would make a fresh start with the new boss...This also blocked any hope of us getting Di Canio.

Yorke is bascially getting paid for doing nothing...good for him I suppose...
Mon 04/03/02 at 09:54
Regular
"not dead"
Am I the only Man Utd fan that doesn't mind Arsenal?

I think they play hugely entertaining football, and would be worthy winners. Don't get me wrong, I'd like Man Utd to win, but it wouldn't be as resented as when Leeds last won it, or the year Blackburn did, if Arsenal won.

I don't much like Liverpool though at the moment, because Phil Thompson gets on my nerves, with his big nose, and whistling with his fingers in his mouth all through the matches. And Michael Owen has a fat neck and funny shaped head. Except when in an England shirt.

Still, Arsenal may be in the driving seat, but they can't keep it up as well as the Champions League AND the FA Cup, can they? Didn't they start to falter last season with all of the fixtures?
Mon 04/03/02 at 10:09
Regular
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Am I the only Man Utd fan that doesn't mind Arsenal?

Most Probably.

check this....

Premiership: Fair Play Table

Rank Team Yellow Red Pts

1 Southampton 24 4 32
2 Aston Villa 31 2 35
3 Ipswich 33 1 35
4 Man Utd 36 1 38
5 Liverpool 34 3 40
6 Fulham 40 1 42
7 Tottenham 37 3 43
8 Everton 42 1 44
9 Newcastle 43 2 47
10 Charlton 43 3 49
11 Sunderland 49 0 49
12 Middlesbrough 40 5 50
13 Blackburn 43 4 51
14 Bolton 50 5 60
15 West Ham 54 3 60
16 Derby 56 3 62
17 Chelsea 57 3 63
18 Leeds 56 5 66
19 Leicester 59 5 69
20 Arsenal 66 6 78

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.