GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHICH SHOULD I CHOSE?!?!?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/03/02 at 19:06
Regular
Ok I have a problem here. My mom said she would get me anyone of these three game consoles: Game Cube, Playstation 2, or Xbox. I've heard great things about all of them, but I can't choose. What one should I buy?!?!? I know on Playstation 2 you can play DVDs and Xbox has great graphics and Game Cube is just really good. Please help me choose.
Sun 03/03/02 at 19:06
Ok I have a problem here. My mom said she would get me anyone of these three game consoles: Game Cube, Playstation 2, or Xbox. I've heard great things about all of them, but I can't choose. What one should I buy?!?!? I know on Playstation 2 you can play DVDs and Xbox has great graphics and Game Cube is just really good. Please help me choose.
Sun 03/03/02 at 19:09
Regular
GameCube, it may not have DVD capabilities, but it's got the best range of games for it (from what I've seen so far)
Sun 03/03/02 at 19:24
Regular
I agree with Edgy, you can't go wrong with Nintendo!

Plus Gamecube is much more affordable
Sun 03/03/02 at 19:30
All the games will abslute classics!

You think of the fun everyone had with Goldeneye and Perfect Dark!

If you want fun, Single Player or Multi, Pick Nintendo!

Playstion 2 have a large range but the games can get very boring after a while! It only has 2 ports, and it's not as fune as a cube.

Xbox is £300 just for the console, the controller is massive and uncomfortable along with the base unit. The games look good but are poor quality in terms of gameplay.

NINTENDO wins overall I think you'll agree.

You know it makes sense ;)

SINFIELD
Sun 03/03/02 at 19:34
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I would be extremely arrogant just to say "get console X". Neither of the consoles is the "best"- each has its strong points, and it's weak points.

Now, the first thing to consider is that kind of games you like. Do you want to play realistic racers, First person shooters, and generally more massmarket "grown-up" games. Or, do you want to play original games like Mario and Zelda.

If you prefer the realistic games, then you have the choice of the PS2 or Xbox. Both have a great range of games, and both are worth buying. The PS2 comes with DVD playback as standard, but nothing else. Meanwhile the Xbox has a modem and Hard drive as standard, and it'll cost £30 to get a remote for the console that'll allow you to play DVDs.

The things to ask yourself when deciding between these consoles is whether you'll use the features (will you ever use the modem???), and does the higher price of the Xbox (£300 compared to £200ish for the PS2) warrant it's purchase. That just depends on what you like- certainly worth playing each console, with a range of games (and not just one or two!) and then deciding.

Now, if you prefer the original games, then the Gamecube is more suited to you. It has an exceptionally good range of exclusive games- mario, zelda, starfox, metroid et al. Also, unlike the N64, it actually has some decent 3rd party support- including all the Resident Evil games. However, the console doesn't play DVDs, but the price is lowered to compensate- around £170.

The choice is yours.

Sonic
Sun 03/03/02 at 19:47
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Get a Gamecube!

If you've got a PS1 then you've pretty much got a PS2! (only difference is the graphics, same controller / same games)

X-Box is TOO expensive, and really isn't amazing enough to warrent paying double the price of the Gamecube for!

The Gamecube has the most interesting, fun, games on it! Get a Gamecube and you won't be dissapointed. The N64 may have let some people down due to being slightly updeveloped for, but this WILL NOT happen with Gamecube! All developers LUV it, and so it will be showered will QUALITY titles!

GET GAMECUBE!

:)
Mon 04/03/02 at 12:23
Thanks everybody for your opinions! My mom isn't going to get my choice of game console for a few days so still post your opinions! I was thinking about Game Cube in the first place, but your opinions still might change my decision.
Mon 04/03/02 at 12:30
Hello again. I have a question about prices. I am from the United States and we don't use pounds here. We use dollars. Do you know how much each console cost in dollars? If you do please tell me, it would be very helpful. Thanks!!
Mon 04/03/02 at 14:19
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
U commin' to live in the UK or sommin'?

:)
Mon 04/03/02 at 14:42
Regular
PS2 is $299
X-box is $299
Gamecube is $199

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.