GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHICH SHOULD I CHOSE?!?!?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/03/02 at 19:06
Regular
Ok I have a problem here. My mom said she would get me anyone of these three game consoles: Game Cube, Playstation 2, or Xbox. I've heard great things about all of them, but I can't choose. What one should I buy?!?!? I know on Playstation 2 you can play DVDs and Xbox has great graphics and Game Cube is just really good. Please help me choose.
Thu 14/03/02 at 07:14
Regular
"goodbyeeeeee......."
Get a Gamecube! unlike the others it has got quality games, graphics and a perfect controller. The Gamecube is also really tiny so it'll fit snugly under your telly, the XBOX is the size of a VCR player and the PS2 is half the size of a VCR player.
Tue 05/03/02 at 17:31
"penguins in hawaii?"
djboogie, you are really starting to annoy me with your "xbox is the best! Nintendo are for little kiddies" Why do you form opinions on what people have said before? It's people like you who make gaming bad...
Mon 04/03/02 at 22:33
get a xbox, nothing touches it!
Ive had one since january, Ive played all machines, nintendo is for little kids, always has been, and their formats and ideas are crazy!!! ( why NOT dvd guys!!!)
the PS2W is good, but no price lowering as yet, and dvd quality suffers compared to xbox,
Xbox looks better, loads faster, TONS!!! of developers, covers a wider audience
and hey here in the USA is $300!!
Im sure that in the UK a good deal can be found
I actually bought a saturn for 300 quid when they came out!! ARGGHHH
get the xbox, i have one, rust me, theyre awesome!!
NOTHING can touch it!! PERIOD!
Mon 04/03/02 at 20:25
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Although I think the GC is better I think you should get an X-Box sine nobody, except friends of Bill Gates, actually get enough pocket money to get one of those colossal things (£300!!!). You'd be getting the most, money wise, out of it. Anyway the GC is so afforable that you'd just have to wait a short while and you can get one, and it's the best.
Mon 04/03/02 at 15:08
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
PS2 at £200 = $283.8
X-Box at £300 = $425.7
GC at £165 = $234.14

:)
Mon 04/03/02 at 15:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
You're obviously only really gunna get 'GameCube' as your answer in this forum.
You'd only get X-box in the Microsoft forum, and PS2 in the Sony forum.

If you want a more varied range of answers then ask in the FoG Chat forum. But the choice is really down to you and you shouldn't neccesarily rely on other people's suggestions.

It depends on what kind of games you like best, and not on the power or abillities of the console.
If you like Nintendo games and loved the N64, then GameCube is your obvious answer.
If you're a big PC gamer and you love PC games but want to experiment on the console level, then X-box is your answer.
And if you loved loads of PSX games that you cannot find on other formats and also like the controls then PS2 should be your answer.

Hope this helps.
Mon 04/03/02 at 14:42
Regular
PS2 is $299
X-box is $299
Gamecube is $199
Mon 04/03/02 at 14:19
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
U commin' to live in the UK or sommin'?

:)
Mon 04/03/02 at 12:30
Hello again. I have a question about prices. I am from the United States and we don't use pounds here. We use dollars. Do you know how much each console cost in dollars? If you do please tell me, it would be very helpful. Thanks!!
Mon 04/03/02 at 12:23
Thanks everybody for your opinions! My mom isn't going to get my choice of game console for a few days so still post your opinions! I was thinking about Game Cube in the first place, but your opinions still might change my decision.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.