GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"who thinks other than me that mgs2 is the best game???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/12/02 at 12:10
Regular
the best playstation 2 game is metal gear solid 2 and the near release follow on . The action, choice of amazingweapons ,gameplay,grphics,plotare that of the best game that you can get in the relases of current games getaway is not far behind but you dont get much better in quality,price, and great offers with it at special reserve than the one the only METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SONS OF LIBERTY!!!!!!!
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:37
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Yes, very much so.
Hopefully they'll be at the standard of the others.
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:35
In the original gta there were three cities vice city liberty city and san andreas, they have made gta games on vice city and liberty city so do you fink dey will for sanandreas?
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:32
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
GaryDark wrote:
> I disagree, i beleive we should worship Grand theft auto: vice city,
> but mgs2: substance looks cool!!!!

that is what i'm saying, just more subtly.
:D
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:30
I disagree, i beleive we should worship Grand theft auto: vice city, but mgs2: substance looks cool!!!!
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:28
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
MGS2 is just too short, i know i haven't done it 100%, but can actually be bothered. Vice City on the other hand, is fairly short, but it is still fun to go back and get rampages etc.
Sun 01/12/02 at 14:40
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I thought it was way too short. It's the obvious put-down but it's completely true.

And Raiden was a poor character. It was a good idea to have you play as someone else so you could see the brilliance of Snake from another viewpoint (like Hideo says on the bonus disc) but it didn't work. You just played as a retarded, whimpering fool when you knew you could be playing as Snake himself.

I also thought the plot got far too ridiculous towards the end. It tried to be too clever with all those twists but in order to explain them all they had to have about 40 minutes of non-stop codec sequence. That may just be passable if it were actual cut scene but not just on the codec screen. It just suprememly boring watching and listning.

That gameplay was near enough faultless considering where they set it, but that was another problem altogether. Setting it on an oil rig was stupid because every single area looked identical. The setting of MGS1 was far better, as was the story. Far simpler, but it was never ridiculous.

I'll still get Substance without a doubt because whilst playing MGS2 the first time through, it was an absolutely amazing gaming experience. I did play it about 13 times from start to finish, but then I got all the dog tags and I completely lost interest.

If there's an MGS3, you had better play as Snake and they had better create a far better setting for the game. No more crap oil rigs and blonde haired pansys.

Plus what was Hideo going on about with the white hair of Raiden singifying purity. It wasn't white. It was blonde. It was so blatantly blonde!

Final Fantasy on the other hand, was almost perfect. It was long, and the cut scenes were excellent. At least the 40 minutes of cut scenes you had in a row on FFX were actually cut scenes where things happened. You didn't have any stupid codec sequences. And there was so much to do it was breath taking.

I can't wait for the next proper FF game. I don't want an online game. That's what my PC is for.
Sun 01/12/02 at 13:18
Regular
I was having a little think about this game last night. I`ve just finished some coursework, so decided to have a nice day off to recover. I spent the whole day on GTA: Vice City. I had a great time, and now think its easily one of the best games ever... but I still can`t put it higher than MGS2 in my PS2 chart. GTA has so much more to do, so many missions with great variety, and almost all of them are nearly spot on, but the problem is, "nearly spot on" isn`t good enough when compared to Metal Gear. Its true that MGS2 was shorter, and it may have had less to do, but everything it tried to do, it did flawlessly

Anyway, I agree with you is what I`m saying. MGS2 is an excellent game, and even Vice City hasn`t made me bump it down my chart... although I do have Final Fantasy 10 just above it :D
Sun 01/12/02 at 12:14
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Yup. Its one of those special games that you just get gripped to and hang on every cutscene and plot development. It certainly took the series that extra step up it needed from the PS1 game. I have to admit though, the game went slightly wierd towards the end for me, went from 'realistic action thriller' to a kind of supernatural sci fi film. Still, that what we all come to expect from Hideo these days.

The MGS to come out early next year looks interesting too.
Sun 01/12/02 at 12:10
the best playstation 2 game is metal gear solid 2 and the near release follow on . The action, choice of amazingweapons ,gameplay,grphics,plotare that of the best game that you can get in the relases of current games getaway is not far behind but you dont get much better in quality,price, and great offers with it at special reserve than the one the only METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SONS OF LIBERTY!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.