GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD Help!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/03/02 at 10:27
Regular
I have a DVD which comes Black and White in my PS 2 ive tried DVD Region X (Picture still black and white) and RGB Cables (Picture Goes green). The DVD was given to my as a present and it works perfectly in my Laptop DVD Player..other DVDs work fine on my PS 2.. any ideas??

Also what do you think should be used to get the best possible picture from the PS 2 DVD Player and what extras would you recommend?
Sun 03/03/02 at 10:27
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I have a DVD which comes Black and White in my PS 2 ive tried DVD Region X (Picture still black and white) and RGB Cables (Picture Goes green). The DVD was given to my as a present and it works perfectly in my Laptop DVD Player..other DVDs work fine on my PS 2.. any ideas??

Also what do you think should be used to get the best possible picture from the PS 2 DVD Player and what extras would you recommend?
Sun 03/03/02 at 11:28
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Combine the RBG cable and DVD region X. It should work.
Sun 03/03/02 at 11:37
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
ive already tried that

adrian wrote:
> Combine the RBG cable and DVD region X. It should work.
Sun 03/03/02 at 16:07
Regular
"lets go back"
Some DVD's just wont work properly on the PS2. The DVD remote and upgrade sorts out some problems. What region is the DVD? Some foreign DVD's may be black and white.
Sun 03/03/02 at 17:09
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Have you tried it on more than one TV? It may be your TV doesn't support RGB.
Sun 03/03/02 at 17:12
Regular
My T.V makes a big white line across the bottom of the screen when i play a DVD on PS2.
Sun 03/03/02 at 19:59
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Im not actually sure what region this dvd is as it was a present, ive looked on the cover but it don't say. is there a way to check? I tried every Region on The Region X anyway. The TV is a brand new TV Combi Video, the latest in line. however maybe because of its a combi? I dunno, I got perfect storm on DVD recently from Vid Shop and that worked perfectly.
Mon 04/03/02 at 11:36
Does your TV support NTSC format or is it just a PAL set?
If the DVD is from say America Region 1 then it will use the NTSC system and you will get these sort of problems.
Spec in the TV manual will tell you what format it supports. If it is dual format as a lot are it may tell you how to switch to the other format.
Other than that it could be just one of those DVD's that the PS2 doesn't like.
What DVD is it?
Mon 04/03/02 at 11:37
If the DVD is from say America Region 1 then it will use the NTSC system and you will get these sort of problems.
Spec in the TV manual will tell you what format it supports. If it is dual format as a lot are it may tell you how to switch to the other format.
What DVD is it?
Mon 04/03/02 at 11:38
What DVD is it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.