GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Limited Edition Ps2s"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/12/02 at 19:01
Regular
Has Anyone got one of these?The colour Ps2s?I havent, i wish i had a blue one, it would match with my wall!
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:08
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Quite like the silver or white(ish) one - but the Missus'd kill me if I bought another PS2.

They're a bit too pricy anyway, although I s'pose it'll keep 'em 'Exclusive'!
Mon 02/12/02 at 10:41
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
> What's the average price you have to pay to:
>
> a) Set yourself up for import gaming?
> e.g. do you need a universal PS2? are they available?

Well, a universal PS2 is technically known as a 'chipped PS2' :-) Apart from the fact you'll get loads of grief from uppity forum members who think you're a pirate, some people just don't like modifying their consoles. But it's the cheapest option. You can get 2nd hand NTSC machines fairly cheap if you know where to look. The most expensive is obviously to get a brand new limited edition Japanese machine (there's a Zen black one on eBay that you could get for £220 including shipping)!

> b) How much do you pay on average for an import PS2 game?
> (including carriage)

Check www.next-gen.co.uk for a rough idea of what they have. New games can be about a tenner more, but on the other hand I got Gran Turismo 3 and Metal Gear Solid 2 for £20 each. It varies.

> c) How long do you have to wait for your games to arrive or do you get
> them locally from your local shop for local import gamers?

You'll generally find them available in this country a few days after the release date - which is anything from weeks, months to a year ahead of when you'll get to play it on a UK machine :-) There are two import stores in Glasgow and I also use next-gen. Extremely good customer service at that place.
Mon 02/12/02 at 10:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Darwock wrote:
> I do love my import gaming.

QUESTION!! (off topic but what the hell)

What's the average price you have to pay to:

a) Set yourself up for import gaming?
e.g. do you need a universal PS2? are they available?

b) How much do you pay on average for an import PS2 game?
(including carriage)

c) How long do you have to wait for your games to arrive or do you get them locally from your local shop for local import gamers?

Back on topic: The cheapest way I know to make your wall match your PS2 without having to fork out for a limited edition PS2 is to paint your wall black.
Mon 02/12/02 at 09:56
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
The best of all the variations is the Japanese 'Ocean Blue' - it's transparent and looks absolutely fantastic (matching controller and stand too). I'm actually tempted to buy one of these on import but they're not cheap. It's a bit extravagant but I do love my import gaming.
Sun 01/12/02 at 22:13
Games consoles never mature all that much, you looking to make a hundred pounds over a very long time, if that.

There are much better options to go for if you are after an investment.
Sun 01/12/02 at 22:10
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Yes, but they could be worth double in years to come. It is an investment
Sun 01/12/02 at 22:04
These never did interest me at all. I dont think anyone can justify that much extra money for what essentially is just a different casing, how can they charge so much more? Its not as if the production of a different colour is so much more expensive.

Id be pretty dissapointed at Sony for doing this, but if people are silly enough to buy them, then credit to Sony for spotting that. Ill just point and laugh at the fashion fools out there that seem to think that owning a different coloured PS2 is cool, and then paying more money for it that could get them 2 games instead. Its maddness.

Ah well .
Sun 01/12/02 at 22:02
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I couldn't picture anyone buying a second console. Maybe a first.
Sun 01/12/02 at 21:56
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Hmm, £279.99.

Not 'as' expensive as i thought. Still, thats £80 extra, but i suppose if you like the colour and have the cash, why not?
Sun 01/12/02 at 21:55
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Cheers, they look pretty cool, if only i could afford one.

*Sighs*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.