GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fifa 08 (PS3)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'FIFA 08'.
Mon 08/10/07 at 21:40
Regular
Fifa 08 , I got this on launch day..Friday 29th September for the PS3.

Each year i have bought every FIFA Game since they were introduced in the 1990’s , Each year they come out with a new game and a complete different style of play. Over the year's another football franchise appeared Pro Evolution Soccer and it appeared to knock Fifa games on the head and most people would avoid buying Fifa. With Fifa just released and Pro Evolution Soccer coming out later this month which football came will come out on tops?

The first thing you notice after loading up the disk is it takes you to a training pitch with Ronaldinho you play 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper, you can practice skills,shots,freekicks,penalties etc You also have the option to change the player to any other play featured on the game..which is something new for the Fifa franchise , when you click start you notice the new layout screen's, the background music , and how crisp the menu's look. Theres a whole range of categories to navigate through and i must say they are very easy to navigate.

How does it play? Well i wasn't to keen on the PS3 demo, it seemed very slow and sluggish and i wasn't that impressed. The final released product was very much smoothed out and you couldn't tell it was the same game, the gameplay has improved, the players are more crisp, you can notice the players movement, tackles feel more realistic than ever..with an added cut scene at them over the top takle's,It feels very realistic compared to other football games out , the defence is hard to break through but when you do get through you can get a quick cross in or aim for the goal and see where it get's you. The graphics are very good with each kit spot on , the commentary is also spot on in all area's, with Clive Tyldesley and Andy Gray providing you this.

Fifa has added more skill moves for examples keepy ups, stepovers, body feints all which you can practice on the training screen before trying in a real match. These are very easy to execute just by holding the L2 button and moving your left/right analouge stick, EA have also added for the first time ever for you to control the goalkeeper most people have it set on default (automatic goalkeeping) but once you set it to manual it really brings the game alive and makes things much challenging when the opposition are making a break through.

The AI in Fifa 08 has a possibility of 1000 potential reaction's per second , this makes it the most intelligent and most impressive Fifa of all time, you really have to think before making a pass, taking a shot otherwise the opposition will be on it like a flash to recover the loose ball. When playing the game you will notice how different the game handles and play's with the new engine they used for Fifa 08.

There is alot modes to this game, Be A Manager, Challenges , Online , Quick Play and many many more, the one that caught my eye the most was “Be A Pro”. In this mode you take control of only one player (You decide who this is) with the camera following him rather than concentrating on the ball, your teammates are controlled by the computers AI and therefore it is up to you to get your player into decent positions to enable him to receive that ball from them. It work's very well and EA announced there will be a 5 vs 5 online mode available to download soon.

I personally think it's the best football game ive ever played, from the graphics to the gameplay , to the cutscences and evan the commentary add's that special feeling while playing the game. You can play online in interactive leauges which you play the fixture of the real life fixture's coming up that week, you can create your own tournaments, play ranked and unranked matches and allow upto 4 people to play with you online against another player.

Alot of Pro Evolution Fans wouldn't touch this, but it's defo worth a purchase or a rent at your nearest rental store, as you will notice it's a big improvement on Fifa 07.

Which football game comes out on top? Let's just wait and see.

9/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 08/10/07 at 21:40
Regular
Fifa 08 , I got this on launch day..Friday 29th September for the PS3.

Each year i have bought every FIFA Game since they were introduced in the 1990’s , Each year they come out with a new game and a complete different style of play. Over the year's another football franchise appeared Pro Evolution Soccer and it appeared to knock Fifa games on the head and most people would avoid buying Fifa. With Fifa just released and Pro Evolution Soccer coming out later this month which football came will come out on tops?

The first thing you notice after loading up the disk is it takes you to a training pitch with Ronaldinho you play 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper, you can practice skills,shots,freekicks,penalties etc You also have the option to change the player to any other play featured on the game..which is something new for the Fifa franchise , when you click start you notice the new layout screen's, the background music , and how crisp the menu's look. Theres a whole range of categories to navigate through and i must say they are very easy to navigate.

How does it play? Well i wasn't to keen on the PS3 demo, it seemed very slow and sluggish and i wasn't that impressed. The final released product was very much smoothed out and you couldn't tell it was the same game, the gameplay has improved, the players are more crisp, you can notice the players movement, tackles feel more realistic than ever..with an added cut scene at them over the top takle's,It feels very realistic compared to other football games out , the defence is hard to break through but when you do get through you can get a quick cross in or aim for the goal and see where it get's you. The graphics are very good with each kit spot on , the commentary is also spot on in all area's, with Clive Tyldesley and Andy Gray providing you this.

Fifa has added more skill moves for examples keepy ups, stepovers, body feints all which you can practice on the training screen before trying in a real match. These are very easy to execute just by holding the L2 button and moving your left/right analouge stick, EA have also added for the first time ever for you to control the goalkeeper most people have it set on default (automatic goalkeeping) but once you set it to manual it really brings the game alive and makes things much challenging when the opposition are making a break through.

The AI in Fifa 08 has a possibility of 1000 potential reaction's per second , this makes it the most intelligent and most impressive Fifa of all time, you really have to think before making a pass, taking a shot otherwise the opposition will be on it like a flash to recover the loose ball. When playing the game you will notice how different the game handles and play's with the new engine they used for Fifa 08.

There is alot modes to this game, Be A Manager, Challenges , Online , Quick Play and many many more, the one that caught my eye the most was “Be A Pro”. In this mode you take control of only one player (You decide who this is) with the camera following him rather than concentrating on the ball, your teammates are controlled by the computers AI and therefore it is up to you to get your player into decent positions to enable him to receive that ball from them. It work's very well and EA announced there will be a 5 vs 5 online mode available to download soon.

I personally think it's the best football game ive ever played, from the graphics to the gameplay , to the cutscences and evan the commentary add's that special feeling while playing the game. You can play online in interactive leauges which you play the fixture of the real life fixture's coming up that week, you can create your own tournaments, play ranked and unranked matches and allow upto 4 people to play with you online against another player.

Alot of Pro Evolution Fans wouldn't touch this, but it's defo worth a purchase or a rent at your nearest rental store, as you will notice it's a big improvement on Fifa 07.

Which football game comes out on top? Let's just wait and see.

9/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.