GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's not the graphics that count!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/09/00 at 17:40
Regular
With all of the fuss of the GBA, PS2, Dolphin, X-box ect, people forget about the stuff that really matters...the game play! I mean, what use would a super powered, state of the art console (or PC) be if it never had any half decent games, and the only good thing about it was its graphics?!? I own a SNES ( I used to have a NES but it broke), and a original game boy, and a PC. (I admit that I have a special 3d card in my PC, but thats only becouse I have to if I want to play all of the latest game!) Some people forget that what really makes up a good game is its game play, and theat graphics are only added bonus's. I still play on my SNES almost everyday, and I even still by 2nd hand games for it down at markets and stuff becouse the game play on most of them is supurb! Take Pokémon for example...Its been one of the biggest hits ever, and what started it off? The simple, black and white gameboy. Graphics? I think not! Some people havn't noticed yet, but we are just being caught up in one massive competition! Sega, Nintendo, Sony, and soon Microsoft are all compeating and we are the ones that decide who wins! I really dont see why Nintendo dont keep on making games for their older consoles, which people already have, insteed of just making new ones...
Fri 29/09/00 at 17:40
With all of the fuss of the GBA, PS2, Dolphin, X-box ect, people forget about the stuff that really matters...the game play! I mean, what use would a super powered, state of the art console (or PC) be if it never had any half decent games, and the only good thing about it was its graphics?!? I own a SNES ( I used to have a NES but it broke), and a original game boy, and a PC. (I admit that I have a special 3d card in my PC, but thats only becouse I have to if I want to play all of the latest game!) Some people forget that what really makes up a good game is its game play, and theat graphics are only added bonus's. I still play on my SNES almost everyday, and I even still by 2nd hand games for it down at markets and stuff becouse the game play on most of them is supurb! Take Pokémon for example...Its been one of the biggest hits ever, and what started it off? The simple, black and white gameboy. Graphics? I think not! Some people havn't noticed yet, but we are just being caught up in one massive competition! Sega, Nintendo, Sony, and soon Microsoft are all compeating and we are the ones that decide who wins! I really dont see why Nintendo dont keep on making games for their older consoles, which people already have, insteed of just making new ones...
Fri 29/09/00 at 21:50
The graphics do help though!
Thu 12/10/00 at 22:08
Regular
Goldeneye or Zelda 64 would never have worked on a snes.
Like wise we won't see internet on an N64

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.