GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda GNC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/12/02 at 17:23
Regular
Has anyone else been enthusiastic about the coming arrival of the new Zelda game for GameCube? I have been waiting a long time to play my favorite video game series, but I have become very disappointed with the graphics of the new game. I expected the game to take full advangtage of the GameCube's beautiul capabilities, but instead they turned it into an anime style game. Why would they do this to their loyal players? The games for the Nintendo 64 were very beautifully constructed with realistic graphics and images. I don't understand why they didn't try to top themselves with this new gaming system. Please respond to my message with your opinions about the new game's graphics or storyline; I am very interested to know what other people expect from Miyamoto.
Mon 02/12/02 at 17:23
Has anyone else been enthusiastic about the coming arrival of the new Zelda game for GameCube? I have been waiting a long time to play my favorite video game series, but I have become very disappointed with the graphics of the new game. I expected the game to take full advangtage of the GameCube's beautiul capabilities, but instead they turned it into an anime style game. Why would they do this to their loyal players? The games for the Nintendo 64 were very beautifully constructed with realistic graphics and images. I don't understand why they didn't try to top themselves with this new gaming system. Please respond to my message with your opinions about the new game's graphics or storyline; I am very interested to know what other people expect from Miyamoto.
Mon 02/12/02 at 17:24
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It will still look great with Cel-Shaded graphics..

I don't really care...
Mon 02/12/02 at 17:25
Regular
Klonoa 2 rules.
Just felt like telling you.
Mon 02/12/02 at 17:26
Regular
"Festivus!"
Reemember - Gameply over Graphics = Great game. Unless the gamelay is crap and the graphics are even worse...
Mon 02/12/02 at 17:27
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
You answered your question yourself. Yes, the N64 games were graphical masterpieces, and that's why Myamoto did something different. It's sstill 3D, but with Shading, and it looks amazing. Also, using cel shading allows Link's face to be animated in an amazing way. Personally, I can't wait.

:D
Mon 02/12/02 at 17:29
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It does take advantage of the Cube's graphocal prowess.
Mon 02/12/02 at 18:19
Regular
"bing bang bong"
It will rock all our worlds
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:30
Regular
"not dead"
It looks great.

Have you seen any video, or only still shots?

It looks so much better when it's moving, as intended.
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:44
Regular
Yup, it looks much better than anything I've ever seen, even if it IS Cel Shaded, much better graphics than anything else I've ever seen, and it looks a lot tidier.
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:47
Regular
The graphics are amazing, maybe they're not what you expected by they're still simply stunning.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.