GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jet Set Radio Future Impressions"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/03/02 at 13:44
Regular
Right, I've taken a short break from playing the US import of the aforementioned game to bring you some impressions.

Next to Halo, this is another corker for the XBox. Everything that was good about the original has been evolved and is at least 100 times better this time round.

Bigger environments, more going-on screen at once with minimal slow-down, that awesome soundtrack is still present here, albeit in a newly, mixed version.

Two main ommisions. The graffiti combo has gone this time round, once you play it, you'll understand why, the game flows much more without it and the time limit has gone too.

Awesome this is, make no mistake.

The next time any fanboy starts to belittle this console, just point him/her in this direction.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:08
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
I agree with most of that it is just that SSX Tricky is called so because it predominantly focuses on tricks opposed to racing. Ask anybody which they prefer: tricks or racing and I'm sure I know what they'll say.

And before someone say's it: there's always one,
Outlaw.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:02
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Outlaw_UK wrote:
> I won't be getting JSRF over my other titles - well not yet anyway. But
> apparently Amped is better than SSX Tricky - one of the PS2's most influential
> titles. But what does this mean, yep! All the best for X-Boxers :)

Amped is a graphical tour de force. And a totally different game to SSX Tricky. Amped is totally focussed on tricks and stunts. No time limits, no pre-defined "tracks", just you, the snow, and ramp after ramp after ramp after...(yawn....)

SSX Tricky is predominantly a racing affair, with tricks thrown in for good measure. At the end of the day, both games are excellent in representing their genre, so it depends on your taste. Stunts, or speed?? Tricks or tracks?? Amped vs SSX...the choice is yours.
Sun 03/03/02 at 13:15
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
And even if it was a close competition between the titles, X-Box is still getting SSX Tricky so we still get the big smile on our faces. ;-))

Think I'll enjoy Amped more though.
Sun 03/03/02 at 09:19
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
I won't be getting JSRF over my other titles - well not yet anyway. But apparently Amped is better than SSX Tricky - one of the PS2's most influential titles. But what does this mean, yep! All the best for X-Boxers :)

Outlaw.
Sat 02/03/02 at 21:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
If I add another title like Amped to my order, I'll be on 5 games, plus a top X-Box set up. ;-))
Sat 02/03/02 at 20:48
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Yeah, the more I see Amped, the more my wallet is opening.
;-))

My mates getting it, so i'll play on his copy. May get it if I really like it.

JSRF is going to be amazing, its also a launch game now :). So on launch i'll have 4 top games to play on :)
Sat 02/03/02 at 20:42
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah, the more I see Amped, the more my wallet is opening.
;-))
Sat 02/03/02 at 15:46
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Jet Set Radio Future keeps on sounding better every time I hear about it - and Savatt1668 you should get Amped. From what I've heard it's better than SSX Tricky and like Gotham has that MP3 facility - X-Box rocks!!

Outlaw
Sat 02/03/02 at 13:52
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hmmmmmmm, sounds pretty good. :-) I like the idea of the time limit not being in the game. Prefer a game like this to have more freedom to go around exploring rather than desperately racing around to do everything in the level within 2 minutes.

Seriously considering getting Amped now actually too.
Sat 02/03/02 at 13:44
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Right, I've taken a short break from playing the US import of the aforementioned game to bring you some impressions.

Next to Halo, this is another corker for the XBox. Everything that was good about the original has been evolved and is at least 100 times better this time round.

Bigger environments, more going-on screen at once with minimal slow-down, that awesome soundtrack is still present here, albeit in a newly, mixed version.

Two main ommisions. The graffiti combo has gone this time round, once you play it, you'll understand why, the game flows much more without it and the time limit has gone too.

Awesome this is, make no mistake.

The next time any fanboy starts to belittle this console, just point him/her in this direction.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.