GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Headhunter, an epic struggle between GOOD AND EVIL"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Headhunter'.
Mon 02/12/02 at 19:47
Regular
!!!THIS COULD BE A GAD ATTEMPT, ALTHOUGH I DOUBT IT WILL BE LONG ENOUGH!!!

I was thinking (reminiscing one might say) the other day. Wasn't Head-hunter great. Then I thought of the tale of how I got my copy for my lovely and similarly underrated Dreamcast.

I, like many others, once read a fabulous publication called DC-UK. I heard of a game from some Swedish people (I think) and thought ooh, that looks good.

So, around November time I went along to GAME (as it was, and now is still called) looked for a copy, found it, and gave the shopkeeper a £5 off voucher I had received in the aforementioned fabulous publication, along with £25. God, weren't games cheap in those days.

I took it home and played it for an awful long time. I repeat:
an awful long time.

It was genius. Exactly how MGS(1&2) should have been: movie-like, stealthy and with a good story line. And scary too. On occasion. Anyone remember that naked zombie who chased you around a lab?

And the impossibly difficult motorbike sections. Weren't they great?

Anyway to cut an extremely long and uninteresting story short. I completed it near Christmas. I the first dreamcast game I ever completed. (I usually just stop playing when I get stuck)

So, what do you do with a completed games with little replay value?
One day, I was scrounging in my wallet and what did I find but the receipt from GAME. Listen to your mother. What does this mean you say? It was after Christmas, surely they wouldn't take it back. But then I remembered something else. XMAS RETURNS POLICY.

I scavenged through piles of magazines and Zelda guides to find THE XMAS GAME CATALOGUE!!!!! Inside it said. We will accept returns of game bought after 21st November until 21st December. When did I buy the game you say? 21st November I say.

I ran to the shop for I had but not long to complete my epic quest. I approached the one with long, ginger hair who worked in EB in Bromley (don't ask me why he was working in GAME at the time) His long locks shined like a spring morn. Rejoice I exclaimed! Rejoice, for the ginger one is here.

I reached out my hand in it my copy of the game and the receipt. He said, in a soft tone: "Do you want cash or credit?" What kind of a stupid question is that, I thought to myself, but I daren't convey my feelings to him. "Cash please."

He fiddled aroung with a machine for a while, the epic and perilous journey almost complete. His hand outstretched. In it lay a crisp twenty pound note, and What's this?, a crisp ten pound note also. Was I just about to make £5 on a game I owned, completed and then returned. Yes, it was true.

I scurried out of the shop, filled with glee, not daring to turn around.
Tue 03/12/02 at 16:18
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you didn't read the post because of the first, ironic line, then you are truly a fool.
It's quite obvious he wasn't being serious. KNowing what a GAD attempt is and all...
Mon 02/12/02 at 23:12
Regular
"Balls"
good god i couldn't even be botherd to read the post after. this is a GAD attemp. what were you thinking man?
Mon 02/12/02 at 23:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They're not even the same type of game.
Mon 02/12/02 at 23:09
Regular
"NiNtEnDo Fo LyF FoO"
Yeah diddy kong racing Sucked. I perfer Jet Force Gemini Myself ;)
Mon 02/12/02 at 23:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I thought so.
Reminds me of Nightfire. Uh oh...
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:50
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
I meant Diddy Kong Racing.
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
That didn't happen, did it.
Maybe I just don't remember, but I assume you kept the Expansion Pak.
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:20
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Yeah. I also bought Donkey Kong second hand for thirty squids, played it, found out it was crappy, took it back and got thirty squids for it. Credit only this time, but from the same ginger haired man. Scary, no?

I traded it in for F-Zero X which was the best.
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Oh, if you didnt get that, it was a subtle hint for you to stop saying (or as I like to call it) It really annoys me. Thankyou :_)
Mon 02/12/02 at 20:10
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
You Be-Hatche. Gimme it back you. I'll break your legs.
I still have your demo from Official Dreamcast Magazine. (or as I like to call it Dreamcans. O ras NOM liked to call it The Dreampants)

Kecksbox

Greystation

And the best............

Greystation Poo (or as they will now be calling it: Our Greystation Poo)
Or maybe not

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.