GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphics???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/12/02 at 18:23
Regular
graphics, there not getting much better ,the difrece from the sega to the playstation 1 was huge! and u look at all the consoles now, there aint a MASSIVE difrence really,is there, well,you cant really see the difrence, can you?
Wed 04/12/02 at 12:42
"slightlyshortertagl"
Splinter Cell has some of the most impressive graphics I have EVER seen
Wed 04/12/02 at 12:36
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Since when was it that easy to tell the difference between the SNES and Megadrive? Or the NES and Master System? There was a difference, but it wasn't *that* huge. The big differences are between different generations.

The latest generation change did have a huge graphical improvement, just as previous ones did. Just look at the difference between PS1 and PS2.
Wed 04/12/02 at 12:14
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Who cares? Ok, so graphics are getting much better to the point that it's not easy to differentiate between different consoles. So, developers have the power now to make games that are only limited by the power of their imagination. But we're not seeing anything like that are we? Just a plethora of average multi-platform releases with little or no thought going into utilising the benefits of each system.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that if, in the past, games developers didn't have problems making original games with less graphical power, what's stopping them now? I, for one, am getting angry with all these cross console breed of games that come out like Turok Evolution, for example.

That's why I stick with Nintendo for orginal concepts and for redefining game genres. Lastly, graphical power means nothing if you don't have the quality games to back it up. Remember the ill-fated 3-DO?
Wed 04/12/02 at 11:17
Regular
Yes, there is a massive difference.

Texturing on the Xbox far surpasses that of the Gamecube. Texturing on the Gamecube far surpasses that of the PS2.

Particle effects on the PS2 surpass those of both the Gamecube and the Xbox.

The number of polygons (detail in three dimensions) on the PS2 far surpasses that of anything on the Gamecube, and Xbox but that's just waiting on a decent game to shop it off.

And the Xbox, by farr will anihalate the opposition when it comes to picture quality as soon as someone makes a game which actually uses it's Pixel and Vertex shaders.

If anyone knows of an Xbox game which actually uses these, let me know :D
Wed 04/12/02 at 11:11
Regular
Multi-platform games (ports) don't often look any different when running on similar consoles (ie, PS2, GC, XBox). Some have very slight differences, but that's usually hard to see. Only Native games really show what a console can do. These games are designed specifically for one type of hardware and have had much more time spent on them to "unlock" that particular consoles full power. However, even with games like that, the difference is not great.

I don't think we will see much more improvement until PS3, XBox 2, or GC2.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:37
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Remember kids, punctuation is your friend. Don't forget the full stops, and correct spelling of words.

*Wags finger at nobody in particular like gay teacher*

Not saying that I am or anything....
Tue 03/12/02 at 18:23
Regular
"http://fabio2003.tk"
graphics, there not getting much better ,the difrece from the sega to the playstation 1 was huge! and u look at all the consoles now, there aint a MASSIVE difrence really,is there, well,you cant really see the difrence, can you?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.