GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX CONTROLLER?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/12/02 at 19:00
Regular
I've got an xbox for xmas but my parents say im not aloud it till xmas.
i've been looking at reviews on the xbox controller and a lot of people seem to hate the controller with a passion. what is the problem with it?
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:21
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
thanx for the replys
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:17
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Some say it's fine as it is. Others (myself included) think it's too
> big and heavy.

I dont find it too heavy or big. It is still pretty comfy, but as I said before after a few hours my hands tend to feel a little numb, depending on the game I am playing.

The GC controller is the nicest to hold, I just held my PS2, XBox and GC controller one after the other. GC is the nicest to hold then I would PS2 and XBox joint, as XBox is big but comfy, while the PS2 controller just doesnt feel right any more, still good but can feel crap after using the other 2 controllers.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:11
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Well good that your not allowed your XBox til christmas, cause on christmas day there will be no excitement.

Anyway the controller can be too big for some people. If you have massive hands then it wouldnt be a problem, but if your a little 12 year old kid then your probably going to struggle. On a whole the pad is very good, as the rumble effect is alot better than the PS2 or GC. The 2 trigger buttons are also a bonus for racing games rather than the crappy pressive sensative PS2 buttons. The control sticks are also well built and in a good place. The controller is a brilliant controller as it has as many buttons as the PS2 controller, but in a different arrangment. The only problem is the size. It is ok, but alot of the time my hands can start to ack after having long gaming sessions.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:06
"High polygon count"
jazzy_jack wrote:
> what is the problem with it?

Everything. And nothing.

All depends on your own point of view.

Some say it's fine as it is. Others (myself included) think it's too big and heavy.

But you really need to use it and form your own opinions.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:00
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
I've got an xbox for xmas but my parents say im not aloud it till xmas.
i've been looking at reviews on the xbox controller and a lot of people seem to hate the controller with a passion. what is the problem with it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.