GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animal crossing will Kick 'deluxe' sims into a cocked hat."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/12/02 at 19:07
Regular
Remembering Back to top scores fannyboy post about sims 'deluxe' for Ps2, I realised that it will be outsole four-one by nintendo's own spinn off.

sims is a new genre. It works well on pc, the mouse giving you easy access to the menu's and popup screens for things. It will simply not work with PS2. it would be almost impossible to presisly click onto a rubbishg pile or moving person in a freemoving mode, using the control stick or buttons. they might be able to use the D-Pad to navagate by floor tile, but this would prove a tiresome selection choice. and the menues off screen, there are too many menu's to use the four buttons on the Controller, and in theory you could navigate using buttons to switch from screen to menu's, but it would prove complicated.

animal crossing, the Nintendo equivelent. full controll over what your charicter does. and in this game, you actually get to DO your job, instead of making sure you wake up for the carpool. you have to make friends in the communiny, and this is not just tedious stat building, you also actually have something Worth spending your money, or 'bells' on. the ability to actually buy and support a console, rather than just buy a better computer, seems slightly more of a tasty Idea to this game fannatic.

in short, The sims sucks because it is all about satisfying your character. In Animal crossing, the game tries to satisfy YOU.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:07
"+ suspicious minds"
Remembering Back to top scores fannyboy post about sims 'deluxe' for Ps2, I realised that it will be outsole four-one by nintendo's own spinn off.

sims is a new genre. It works well on pc, the mouse giving you easy access to the menu's and popup screens for things. It will simply not work with PS2. it would be almost impossible to presisly click onto a rubbishg pile or moving person in a freemoving mode, using the control stick or buttons. they might be able to use the D-Pad to navagate by floor tile, but this would prove a tiresome selection choice. and the menues off screen, there are too many menu's to use the four buttons on the Controller, and in theory you could navigate using buttons to switch from screen to menu's, but it would prove complicated.

animal crossing, the Nintendo equivelent. full controll over what your charicter does. and in this game, you actually get to DO your job, instead of making sure you wake up for the carpool. you have to make friends in the communiny, and this is not just tedious stat building, you also actually have something Worth spending your money, or 'bells' on. the ability to actually buy and support a console, rather than just buy a better computer, seems slightly more of a tasty Idea to this game fannatic.

in short, The sims sucks because it is all about satisfying your character. In Animal crossing, the game tries to satisfy YOU.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:09
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Soooo its good then?
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:38
Regular
"EXCUSE ME"
I can't wait for it either and if it dosn't get a UK release I will probably get the Freeloader and import it.
I will only be able to play it downstairs as my upstairs t.v in my room does not display NTSC or NTSC because I can don't know which it is.

cool out
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:39
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Considering the massive number of PS2 consoles sold, and the much much smaller number of Gamecube's sold, and that Animal Crossing remains a somewhat obscure, not even on UK release, game, compared to the Sims which is recognised by many, then you are quite clearly made to think Animal Crossing will even come near the Sims for sales.

Only a small fraction of PS2 owners have to buy it, whereas nearly every GC owner would have to buy it just to equal the Sims sales if just a minority buy it on PS2.

As for "Sims won't work because it's meant for a mouse" - crap argument. Same was said about FPS games on consoles and we've now got Timesplitters 2 and Halo with near perfect systems.

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 03/12/02 at 20:04
"+ suspicious minds"
shut up belldandy.

you know way too much for anybody to care what your opinion is.

:I
Tue 03/12/02 at 20:06
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Boss_Pac_Man2 wrote:
> shut up belldandy.
>
> you know way too much for anybody to care what your opinion is.

I second that notion
Tue 03/12/02 at 20:16
"+ suspicious minds"
And stay away from the nintendo forum, i don't go into the X-box forum set on ruining YOUR day!
Tue 03/12/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Boss_Pac_Man2 wrote:
> And stay away from the nintendo forum, i don't go into the X-box forum
> set on ruining YOUR day!

This ruined your day?
Tue 03/12/02 at 21:31
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Boss_Pac_Man2 wrote:
> And stay away from the nintendo forum, i don't go into the X-box forum
> set on ruining YOUR day!

Awwww getting upset are we ? At the risk making this sound like a schoolyard argument, you started it by suggesting that me, and anyone else who doesn't blindly follow your unshakeable Ninty faith should be lined up and shot - incidentally SR obviously took exception to this as well as they removed your post from the topic....you then did your "Belldandy Repelling Stone" topic in the Nintendo forum as well....

So you shall be seeing me a lot more in the Nintendo forum, disagreeing with you whereever possible, Mr "Sony stole PS1 plans form Nintendo" Boss Pac Man2.....

And you've got no grasp of math if you think Animal Crossing on GC can outsell the Sims on PS2.

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 03/12/02 at 22:45
Regular
Belldandy wrote:

> And you've got no grasp of math if you think Animal Crossing on GC can
> outsell the Sims on PS2.

Well it could but it's highly unlikely. having said that though it has been an absoloutly massive hit in America. Still unlikely though....

Anyway Animal Crossing looks amazing, roll on a Euro release date or freeloader. Either will do.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.