GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FIFA 2003"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'FIFA 2003'.
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:29
Regular
Anyone have the Xbox version? How does it play?

Yes, I know FIFA isn't the best football game around, but let me explain...

I've played a friends PES2 on the PS2 - it's a great game - the best technical game of footy there is - but I find the dodgy names and commentary off-putting.

I own TIF2003 for my PS2, and it's a great game all round - proper commentary, a decent game of football, and great player likenesses - but doesn't have all of the correct team names, and the kits are just close approximations.

Last night, the same friend bought round his copy of FIFA 2003 on the PS2, and I liked it. It plays a much better game of footy than previous FIFA's, and of course has all of the correct team names, by far the best commentary and game options, and fully licensed kits and stadiums.

I'm thinking of getting it, but I'm undecided on PS2 or Xbox version. The PS2 version uses all 4 shoulder buttons, which is nice and convenient - what's the mapping like on the Xbox version, as there are only two shoulder buttons... is there any groping for those awkward little black and white buttons?

Ta.
Tue 03/12/02 at 20:12
I own the Xbox version of FIFA, it is brilliant. I don't know how it compares to the PS2 or Gamecube version but I guess it is very similar.
The only thing I find strange is the lack of 'cutscenes', as they have taking it away when you make a sub, for example. Also the lack of unlockable content, as I believe their are only two unlockable stadiums, one of which being Stade de France (I unlocked this one), apart from these minor downfalls FIFA plays a good game of footy, and recommend it to anyone. Hope this helps

Sam41
Tue 03/12/02 at 19:29
"High polygon count"
Anyone have the Xbox version? How does it play?

Yes, I know FIFA isn't the best football game around, but let me explain...

I've played a friends PES2 on the PS2 - it's a great game - the best technical game of footy there is - but I find the dodgy names and commentary off-putting.

I own TIF2003 for my PS2, and it's a great game all round - proper commentary, a decent game of football, and great player likenesses - but doesn't have all of the correct team names, and the kits are just close approximations.

Last night, the same friend bought round his copy of FIFA 2003 on the PS2, and I liked it. It plays a much better game of footy than previous FIFA's, and of course has all of the correct team names, by far the best commentary and game options, and fully licensed kits and stadiums.

I'm thinking of getting it, but I'm undecided on PS2 or Xbox version. The PS2 version uses all 4 shoulder buttons, which is nice and convenient - what's the mapping like on the Xbox version, as there are only two shoulder buttons... is there any groping for those awkward little black and white buttons?

Ta.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.