GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"They where god at one thing they shoudnt have changed!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/03/02 at 15:46
Regular
Microsoft are the greatest espicially on PC but when they bought out the X-Box it was a mistake.Ive played the thing seen the graphics and game play.It was a great dissapointment the graphics are nearly the same as the ps2 and theyve done loads of ps2 games and then done then on X-box.
Fri 01/03/02 at 16:43
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
˝pint wrote:
> Shut up Outlaw. In terms of graphics, GameCube can easily do the best.

So it can do the best but Outlaw needs to shut up ? Why's this, in case he actually contradicts you, not a very secure way to start convincing us about the Gamecube is it ?

>a) All the special effects which gobble up stats are in
> built, so programming can be solely done on the graphics >themselves.

Yawn. Xbox uses unified RAM so the programmers can use it for whatevr they want. I've yet to see Nintendo produce anything looking as detailed and as good as the Xbox games in terms of realism and level of detail. You want bright colours and cartoon style graphics then Gamecube rocks at that. Xbox design teams have access to an effects library in much the same way so that effects can be used without extensive programming - Microsofts done the work for them. I mean really, when you consider the GC's specs, it needs something special to get it to produce convincing Next Gen graphics....

b)
> Nintendo don't give out stupidly high 'theoretical' polygon counts.

Yeah, Trading Standards laws are such a pain.......

> The
> GameCube has already actually made games with 12 million polygons, whereas the
> PS2 is lurking in the 1-digit region.

Gameplay counts as well, or thats what most Nintendo fans usually say anyway. You can have 12 million polygons and the worst game ever.....and Xbox stil throws more around than the Gamecube.

>The Xbox has got good graphics, but on
> PGR, there are jagged edges. No lie, I have played it (At my local EB and at
> HMV). Jagged edges are present.

I played at HMV and Game, and saw no jagged edges. It depends on the connection and the Tv/Monitor being used. If its through a monitor then jaggies are unavoidable on any game, unless its those oh so nice but expensive LCD ones :) I don't think Nintendo are exactly faultless on jaggies either, but their games are all like in soft focus anyway so its hard to tell :P

>Don't argue about what I
> said, because you each have your own opinions. I can justify mine, and if sad
> immuture people like those who start these topics can't justify their
> predictions, thats for them to cry about.

Why bother posting if you don't want people to challenge you're point of view ? You're arguing that the gamecube is THE gaming console, but then you're saying no one can challenge that view. I do agree on the
>"if sad
> immuture people like those who start these topics can't justify their
> predictions, thats for them to cry about."
bit though.
Fri 01/03/02 at 16:40
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
In my post I said that the PS2 was possibly what he was so unsure about consequencing in him saying that X-Box is so bad - thus I was making fun of it.

And Jon I have played on the X-Box also in my local EB - you can't be such an expert cause you played on it for less than me.

You haven't got a "cutlass sharp game brain" cause in that quiz in PSM2 I gave you all of the answers out of sympathy. Thus I should of won - not you.

Don't come into the X-Box forum bad-mouthing our favourite console as it is as bad as spamming JAT's.

And get a life,
Outlaw.
Fri 01/03/02 at 16:25
Regular
"¬_¬"
Shut up Outlaw. In terms of graphics, GameCube can easily do the best. Why? For two reasons:

a) All the special effects which gobble up stats are in built, so programming can be solely done on the graphics themselves.

b) Nintendo don't give out stupidly high 'theoretical' polygon counts. The GameCube has already actually made games with 12 million polygons, whereas the PS2 is lurking in the 1-digit region.

The Xbox has got good graphics, but on PGR, there are jagged edges. No lie, I have played it (At my local EB and at HMV). Jagged edges are present, and you can not deny it. Outlaw, you haven't ever played on an Xbox, so you aren't one to judge.

Just stick with the prediction that he is covering up for the PS2.

Whilst saying that, the Xbox is still really great, its just the PS2 that is crap. Don't argue about what I said, because you each have your own opinions. I can justify mine, and if sad immuture people like those who start these topics can't justify their predictions, thats for them to cry about.

Keep it hanging,
Half Pint, the non-biased (except against PS2) guru with (I quote) a 'cutlass-sharp game brain'. (Its official).

Heh.
Fri 01/03/02 at 16:10
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
GC. I bet it's Gamecube; or PS2 - obviously ;-) Games like Halo and PGR have alot better graphipcs and gameplay than most PS2 titles. Even titles that are on both consoles are significantly improved by the X-Box's new hardware - take Max Payne and GTA3 for example.

Outlaw
Fri 01/03/02 at 15:50
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Care to name these games ? Have you actually played an Xbox with your eyes open ? Sony entered the market 7 years ago wiht no experience and look where they are now, so now its Microsofts turn.

The inevitable question is; what console do you own that you are so insecure about that you feel the need to lie about another ? :)
Fri 01/03/02 at 15:46
"©opy Right™"
Microsoft are the greatest espicially on PC but when they bought out the X-Box it was a mistake.Ive played the thing seen the graphics and game play.It was a great dissapointment the graphics are nearly the same as the ps2 and theyve done loads of ps2 games and then done then on X-box.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.