GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can someone please answer this for me"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/09/00 at 15:46
Regular
I know that you can play original PSX games and use original Memory cards on Playstation 2. But what I want to know is can you use Playstation 2 8mb memory cards to save original PSX games?
Thu 28/09/00 at 15:46
Regular
"Whatever!"
I know that you can play original PSX games and use original Memory cards on Playstation 2. But what I want to know is can you use Playstation 2 8mb memory cards to save original PSX games?
Thu 28/09/00 at 16:25
Last I heard, PS1 cards wouldn't work on PS2 because of the MagicGate system, but I wouldn't swear to that.

I would certainly think that you can save PS1 games to the new cards, though.

Tigerblade - you own(ed) one - what can you tell us?
Thu 28/09/00 at 17:06
I dont think tigerblade did/does own one. He is a DC fan who just wants to insult the PS2 and the easiest way to do that is pretend you have one and it is rubbish.

The PS2 has a hardware DVD player and will improve over the japanese software version. However, the Japanese version did play all DVD's including the Matrix (which is tough on DVD players) and plays them to the standard of a £300 DVD player. True it is not as clear and defined as a £700 DVD player but what do you expect and if you dont have them running side to side you will never know.

On the memory card question. You cant save PS2 game info on a PS1 memory card but you can save PS1 info on a PS1 memory card.
Thu 28/09/00 at 17:14
Ur very wrong their actually, I tell u anything u wanna know about the PS2... I waz just tryn to warn u all, an I get no respect for it......
Yea, it is because of the magic gate system by the way... It annoys me cus I have about 23 PS memory cards!!
And, no, the PS2 does not equal a £300 player, it doesnt equal the £150 one my brother has either (slightly better colour definition plus its multi region) and it doesnt come close to my American portable DVD L50 :)
Thu 28/09/00 at 17:39
> Ur very wrong their actually, I tell u anything u wanna know about
> the PS2... I waz just tryn to warn u all, an I get no respect for
> it......

Maybe if you'd just outline why you were disappointed with it, rather than saying "It's crap - get a Dreamcast", you may not have got so many people's backs up! Still, let's not get into all that again in this thread.

> And, no, the PS2 does not equal a £300 player, it doesnt
> equal the £150 one my brother has either (slightly better
> colour definition plus its multi region)

Lack of multi-region capability isn't really a negative point, though. There are plenty of dedicated players that aren't multi-region, so it's not like it's a flaw in PS2.

Sony are part of the original DVD specification group, and one of the rules is supposedly "no multi-region". None of their dedicated players are multi-region as standard either, so it's no surprise that PS2 isn't. It wouldn't do for them to break rules that they were involved in creating, which is why they hurried to patch the multi-region bug in the original PS2 DVD software.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.