GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bomberman Generations"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Bomberman Generation'.
Wed 04/12/02 at 15:48
Regular
Well, since I ordered it in August, SR decided to send it to me for today, so a big thanks top them, but I know some of you are unsure whether to buy it or not, so I going to give a short overview of what I've played so far.

First of all, the multiplayer rocks, it's the best yet in the bomberman series. Stardard battles is as good as, siimple, pure mate-blasting fun. Perfect. Dodger battle rules as well, you basically have to doge bombs that drop from above. At times it gets hugely hectic and you be running around like, well, someones throwing bombs at you. Reversi battle's very good as well, changing as many floor tiles as you can to your colour in a limited time is great. But my favourite of all is coin battle - simply blast as many blocks and enemies and collect the coins that fly out of them, huge fun, absolutely brilliant. I could have played all of these for hours on end, but a strange craving called 'hunger' stopped. There is one more multiplayer game - revenge battle. Throw bombs at badgers to get better scores. I didn't like this game. Maybe it's because I only played it once and din't know what to do, or maybes it's terrible. When I play it some more I'll give you a verdict.

As you can see, the visuals are sweet. Lovely cel-shaded bombermen and enemies. The landscapes are lush, butr the only problem is the rather annoying camera angles. I think you can change them, but I don't know how yet :-D The musi is very 'happy-happy-platformer' stuff, not too bad I suppose, but the voice overs andd little 'bomberman sayings' are very, very annoying. "Bomb up!" Yes I know. "Kick up" I'll you up somewhere in a minute if you don't shut up! That kinda thing.

Now, finally, story mode. The others ones were decidedly average and got very repetative after a while. 1-player isn't great to say the least. It's good, but there's nothing that really makes you want to keep playing. It's fun to play at times and the mini-games are brilliant, but all in all, it's not too great. 1-player would be on the 7/10 marl if I had to rate it out of 10.

Overall, a great game so far. I'd buy it alone for the multiplayer, or for the 1 and multiplayer, but don't buy it solely for it's story mode.

RiCkOsS
Wed 04/12/02 at 15:48
Regular
Well, since I ordered it in August, SR decided to send it to me for today, so a big thanks top them, but I know some of you are unsure whether to buy it or not, so I going to give a short overview of what I've played so far.

First of all, the multiplayer rocks, it's the best yet in the bomberman series. Stardard battles is as good as, siimple, pure mate-blasting fun. Perfect. Dodger battle rules as well, you basically have to doge bombs that drop from above. At times it gets hugely hectic and you be running around like, well, someones throwing bombs at you. Reversi battle's very good as well, changing as many floor tiles as you can to your colour in a limited time is great. But my favourite of all is coin battle - simply blast as many blocks and enemies and collect the coins that fly out of them, huge fun, absolutely brilliant. I could have played all of these for hours on end, but a strange craving called 'hunger' stopped. There is one more multiplayer game - revenge battle. Throw bombs at badgers to get better scores. I didn't like this game. Maybe it's because I only played it once and din't know what to do, or maybes it's terrible. When I play it some more I'll give you a verdict.

As you can see, the visuals are sweet. Lovely cel-shaded bombermen and enemies. The landscapes are lush, butr the only problem is the rather annoying camera angles. I think you can change them, but I don't know how yet :-D The musi is very 'happy-happy-platformer' stuff, not too bad I suppose, but the voice overs andd little 'bomberman sayings' are very, very annoying. "Bomb up!" Yes I know. "Kick up" I'll you up somewhere in a minute if you don't shut up! That kinda thing.

Now, finally, story mode. The others ones were decidedly average and got very repetative after a while. 1-player isn't great to say the least. It's good, but there's nothing that really makes you want to keep playing. It's fun to play at times and the mini-games are brilliant, but all in all, it's not too great. 1-player would be on the 7/10 marl if I had to rate it out of 10.

Overall, a great game so far. I'd buy it alone for the multiplayer, or for the 1 and multiplayer, but don't buy it solely for it's story mode.

RiCkOsS
Wed 04/12/02 at 16:54
I am looking forward to getting this at Xmas from SR along with some other games...from SR. (:)

Sounds ace, Are there any cool characters or colours for them? Hey, its a fair question!

(:)
Wed 04/12/02 at 17:59
Regular
I've seen black, white, blue, red and once... I was gold! :-O

I'm proud now :-D
Thu 05/12/02 at 17:07
Regular
Well, i've played Bomberman a bit more and found that revenge battle is bad. You move really slowly and there's not much skill involved.

As for story mode, I'm pleasantly surprised. At first, it's pretty bad; the bosses are easy and the levels have no personality, but after you get past the first world, the fun really starts. The levels start to get hardr and the bosses get better. The level design is very poor and can have you tearing your hair out at times, but other than that, it's actually very good, and, it seems, that bomberman is back on track.

If you do get it, don't be put off by the first levels, just wade your wade through them ;-)
Fri 06/12/02 at 16:11
Regular
Finally beat that boss :-)

That boulder mini-game's easy though. Good ol' turbo functions on 3rd party pads ;-)
Fri 06/12/02 at 17:59
Regular
"bing bang bong"
You haven't heard annoying sound effects until you've played Atomic Bomberman..
Sat 07/12/02 at 13:12
Regular
Muh, NOTHING is as annoying as Generation :-D
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:06
Lol, this is more like Ricks Bomberman journal.

So, is multiplayer good? Does it last long?

(:)
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:11
Regular
Not sure, haven't played it for a while, been playing 1-Player, very immersive :-)

10 times better than I thought
Sat 07/12/02 at 19:36
Regular
Hrmm...Now I've rented Mario Party 4 and realised there's no need to buy it, I might just get Bomberman for Crimbo :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.