GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Creative Writing BY SWFCOWLS"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/10/07 at 19:30
Regular
"Up The Owls"
Secondary school pupils dislike school for the first three years and enjoy the last 2 years.

This could because a variety of reasons, and I shall go though each point and explain why I think this, point 1 , it would seem to me that you ARE going to enjoy the last two years simply because you get the freedom to choose you own choice of subjects therefore resulting in you picking your favourite subjects, and this will always result in you ENJOYING them more, so I feel this will have a huge saying in the statement. Point 2 Maybe in the first 3 years pupils feel that school is boring and that you will not get anything out of it, (they are still young and maybe don’t understand the importance of trying hard in every year ) But as they grow older they then realise that GCSE’s are important and that you have to try, and this would result in the children being able to enjoy school a lot more as they are doing well and setting a pavement for there future career. Point 3 is that maybe as the younger ones in the school, at the start this could result in being intimidated by the older siblings and making them unhappy at school, in the first few years, but as they progress they become the older ones of the school, resulting in them being able to enjoy school more. Point 4 is that this statement could be a clear sign of the education system doing well as in the last 2 years you start to get some of your GCSE results back, and if they are good this could result in your child enjoying school more. And my last point is simple , in your last 2 years you r are now used the secondary school life and just realise that you have to enjoy it or waste it, and from the statistics , we can tell that most people obviously choose to enjoy it.

So there you have it, this is my explanation of why students enjoy school for last few years at school.
Tue 16/10/07 at 10:12
Regular
"not dead"
I think the opposite is true - I figure we're talking secondary school specifically from years 7-11, so up to GSCEs, and not going beyond to A-Levels.

First three years you can take it a little more easy - last two you should really knuckle down more, as they actually mean something - all of the coursework starts for subjects, and the building up for exams.

I think your piece would be better if you balanced out your argument a little more.
Sat 13/10/07 at 20:35
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Actually, the reason the last two years of school are enjoyable compared to the previous is simple.

All the idiots with no ambition, no drive and no intention to learn have all gone and are working tills or picking up dole cheques.
Thu 04/10/07 at 19:30
Regular
"Up The Owls"
Secondary school pupils dislike school for the first three years and enjoy the last 2 years.

This could because a variety of reasons, and I shall go though each point and explain why I think this, point 1 , it would seem to me that you ARE going to enjoy the last two years simply because you get the freedom to choose you own choice of subjects therefore resulting in you picking your favourite subjects, and this will always result in you ENJOYING them more, so I feel this will have a huge saying in the statement. Point 2 Maybe in the first 3 years pupils feel that school is boring and that you will not get anything out of it, (they are still young and maybe don’t understand the importance of trying hard in every year ) But as they grow older they then realise that GCSE’s are important and that you have to try, and this would result in the children being able to enjoy school a lot more as they are doing well and setting a pavement for there future career. Point 3 is that maybe as the younger ones in the school, at the start this could result in being intimidated by the older siblings and making them unhappy at school, in the first few years, but as they progress they become the older ones of the school, resulting in them being able to enjoy school more. Point 4 is that this statement could be a clear sign of the education system doing well as in the last 2 years you start to get some of your GCSE results back, and if they are good this could result in your child enjoying school more. And my last point is simple , in your last 2 years you r are now used the secondary school life and just realise that you have to enjoy it or waste it, and from the statistics , we can tell that most people obviously choose to enjoy it.

So there you have it, this is my explanation of why students enjoy school for last few years at school.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.