GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cant send mail using Windows Live Mail"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/06/13 at 21:16
Regular
Hi Guys,

I'm new to using Windows Live Mail with my new domain. I am getting the following error message when sending mail.

Can you help?

The message could not be sent. The setting for your outgoing email [SMTP] server might need to be configured. To find the server settings for '[email protected]', please contact your email service provider.

Subject 'test'
Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 Relaying denied - This server requires Authentication
Server: 'smtp.freeolamail.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Wed 12/06/13 at 12:12
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
You appear to be trying to send email on you Yahoo account via our SMTP servers, this is known as relaying and is now allowed. To use our servers you must be using our email services. To send via your Yahoo account you would need to use Yahoo's SMTP server.

I've changed your email address so it's not picked up by spammers and move this thread to the correct section
Tue 11/06/13 at 22:57
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi and welcome to the forums Arossi...

Your post is actually in the wrong thread, but never mind :¬)

If you are using a Freeola account then I assume that you have read this guide:

Windows Live Mail

Also, have you checked that you have selected 'Server Requires Authentication' option in your e-mail program's SMTP settings.
Tue 11/06/13 at 21:16
Regular
Hi Guys,

I'm new to using Windows Live Mail with my new domain. I am getting the following error message when sending mail.

Can you help?

The message could not be sent. The setting for your outgoing email [SMTP] server might need to be configured. To find the server settings for '[email protected]', please contact your email service provider.

Subject 'test'
Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 Relaying denied - This server requires Authentication
Server: 'smtp.freeolamail.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.