GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"changing name servers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/06/13 at 11:05
Regular
Hi I would like to change the name servers for a domain name held at 123 reg to my new website here at freeola - I will be transferring my other domain names to get dotted in the future - but for now I could use a bit of help as I don't want to mess anything up!!!
many thanks
Peter
Tue 08/07/14 at 16:20
Regular
How do I transfer my domain name and website to a new owner.
Mon 10/06/13 at 08:05
Regular
Hi Thanks for the info I have now transfered my domain name into freeola and everything is OK
Thanks
Peter
Sun 09/06/13 at 19:40
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Exactly ;¬)
Sun 09/06/13 at 15:56
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Technically, we do not support the option to point domains hosted elsewhere to web spaces on our servers via the use of domain name servers or A-records. To clarify, we provide web space and e-mail hosting for domains hosted by us, and generally not for domains hosted elsewhere.

If you are transferring the domain in to us, you will be given the opportunity during the transfer to switch the name servers to Freeola defaults, or to keep them as currently set. Once in your account, you then have access via your Freeola account to all of the domain name server and DNS records in order to set the domain up as you wish.

In simplest terms, if you would like to use Freeola services, you will need to transfer your domain to us first.
Sun 09/06/13 at 12:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi peter46 ...

Would these Freeola support articles be of any assistance?

Hosting guides
Sun 09/06/13 at 11:05
Regular
Hi I would like to change the name servers for a domain name held at 123 reg to my new website here at freeola - I will be transferring my other domain names to get dotted in the future - but for now I could use a bit of help as I don't want to mess anything up!!!
many thanks
Peter

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.